Not Engaged Yet

Bridezillas

So, I was laying in bed with insomnia for the third night running and flipping through the channels and came across Bridezillas on We. Oh. holy. lord.I cannot believe people actually behave like that in modern society. I mean, I've heard of people acting out due to stress in the weeks approaching their weddings, but holy shite! If I was a BM in one of those weddings, I'd walk out/quit. The one bride last night actually lit her BMs shoes on fire because they didn't match the dress. Lit. Them. On. Fire. ::jaw on floor::Any other thoughts on the show? Any personal experiences with a brideszilla?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Bridezillas

• edited December 2011
    I love Bridezillas when I'm bored, but then again I'm also the kind of person that enjoys watching trainwrecks in the making.  BF always leaves the room before he can get sucked in, because one time he stayed and watched it with me for a half hour or so and said he felt dumber having watched it.  I agree, but think mindless TV is ok some of the time.  :)And no, no personal experiences with a bridezilla.  Thank God.How are you feeling?  Isn't your surgery coming up soon?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have DH watch snippets of that show just so he knows how good he actually has it :)
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • girllennongirllennon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen clips from the show. My SIL, whose been married to my brother for over 9 years, still behaves like a Bridezilla. She's always throwing tantrums and you never know what will set her off.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

• trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, this little girl was beyond bridezilla. She was just a b%tch in regular life and went worse during this "wedding". I thought it was sad when at one point she screamed at the dude's mom and HE LAUGHED. He promotes it. I used to wonder why women like this get married and I know plenty of nice women who would love to meet a womderful man and start a family...BUT I remembered that if a man likes a woman like that, he's short about 100 screws.lol As far as a real bridezilla, my friend wasn't a bridezilla, but was close to it. Asking that we come to meetings about the wedding that dealt with planning the wedding (her wedding), asking that we buy our dresses a yr out and when i said I didn't have the money, told me that I just went to the DR so I should have the money, to which I told her I spend MY money on what I want to spend it on. Buying a dress in June 08 is quite dumb for a Apr 09 wedding, especially when it's coming from David's Bridal. Some people act like a wedding gives them permission to boss ppl around and make them into slaves.
  • edited December 2011
    I have DH watch snippets of that show just so he knows how good he actually has it :) LOL...that is awesome. If it hadn't been 3am and my BF hadn't been engaged in a snoring competition with the dog (the dog won), I might have been tempted to do the same...@acro - Physically, I'm feeling ok at the moment...just very, very stressed with everything going on, obviously. Poor BF has been a champ through the whole thing. I have a call in to my surgeon this morning, so I should have a set surgery date established sometime this week. I'm hoping he can get me in sometime around mid-August, but we'll see what he can do. Thanks for the concern! :)

• edited December 2011
    @ trevette - Yeah, that girl was a piece of work. I loved how she asked her fiance to help her make her own cake, got pissed that he wasn't removing the packaging correctly, then proceeded to rip the cake decorations out of his hands and throw them at his head. And then bitched that he ruined her decorations. God bless that FMIL...she deserves sainthood for what she put up with.

• mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to have them do a segment like "where are they now?" with these couples. Priceless.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha ha I thought I was the only one who watched this show to get a good laugh! The women on this show are so ridiculous with their yelling/screaming/violence/bossy-ness(?). My BF watches it sometimes with me just b/c he likes to watch other ppl's drama sometimes lol. We get a good laugh out of this show & I feel sorry for whoever is in the way of the bride sometimes but then I take it back b/c they're just stupid. If someone was yelling at me & bossing me around I would def walk out. The guys I feel even more sorry for cuz they have to put up with those women for "the rest of their life". Haha we all kno those marriages end up in divorces sooner than later. Well at least the show is an extreme example of what not to do & that we need to remain calm, cool & collected. :) Do I personally know any bridezillas, no, thank God. :D
  • emmyrooemmyroo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There was one episode I saw where this couple had divorced and then they were getting married again to each other.  The woman was seriously BSC.  To the extreme.  She freaked out when someone else got a birthday cake at her rehearsal dinner and smashed it in his face.  I seriously think there was something clinically wrong with her.  I watched that episode with my roommate, who had the theory that the reason they were getting married was that they were having really good sex.  Probably true for most of these couples.  My roommate got married this summer, but after she watched that episode she had dreams that she was being a total bridezilla.  She was definitely not a bridezilla, but she's the kind of person where if she was, me or any of my friends could have told her to chill out and she would realize how crazy she was acting.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oceana919- yes, she deserves to be a saint, but I think the girl needs to settle. FMIL looks like she could snap at any moment! p.s. cute signature pic!
  • edited December 2011
    @ trevette - thanks! :)

• fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG that brise that lit the shoes on fire is a hot mess! I can't beleive the groom went through with the wedding! I understand that stereotypically you're not usually bff with your MIL but she was just so nasty to her...I was embarrased for her!
  • nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mermadison, At the end of this last season they did do a show about how the couples are doing now...most were oddly, still together. CRAZY. Now, I feel bad for their fiances ;) hahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards