Oregon

Oregon Coast venue recommendations?

I'm new to The Knot, and recently engaged.  Am looking for recommendations for wedding venues on the coast.  We love Lincoln City, Cannon Beach, and Newport.  We're looking to get married late next summer in an intimate ceremony (~40 guests) somewhere seaside, and we'd like to not spend gobs of money on it.  Given the unpredictability of the coast I'd prefer an outdoor wedding with an indoor option.So far, I've found the Stone Crest Cellar B&B near Newport, and the Heceta Head Lighthouse.  Does anyone have any info to share about weddings at either location?  I'm not sure about the logistics of weddings at the lighthouse - is there an indoor facility, or do you need to set up a tent?  Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for locations for a late summer Oregon coast wedding/reception location?  We're considering all reasonably priced (whatever that means...) options at this point.Thanks!Carrie

Re: Oregon Coast venue recommendations?

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Newport and have attended wedding at the stone crest cellars bed and breakfast....it is absolutely beautiful. The girls all got ready upstairs in the rooms and the boys were downstairs. the ceremony was great looking out over the ocean. The Rogue does do receptions and weddings if you work really hard for the ceremony. The ceremony is in the warehouse surrounded by kegs and not very warm inside. The Rogue also does not have an outside option. I currently work for the Rogue and know that there are no decorations and very high ceilings. If you are looking for outdoor wedding I would not use Rogue.
  • edited December 2011
    another option is the Yaquina Bay Yacht club in Newport. I have information about the venue with contacts for the booking as well as some great places to get catering done if you want to do any good seafood. contack me at little_dchick at hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards