Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Reception Venues?

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to have my reception at Wyandotte County Lake at James P Davis hall, the really nice stone building that you can see the lake through the trees at?Then my guest list ended up being almost double the maximum occupancy.  Oops.I also liked the Arrowhead Yacht Club in Lake Winnebago, but because I'm planning for March, we can't plan on utilizing the patios outside.  So I'm over capacity there, as well.Does anyone have any ideas for reception venues in the area that have the feel of the old stone/wood buildings like these two?  My guest list including BP is currently around 300.

Re: Reception Venues?

• Options
    DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding and reception at The Lodge at Ironwoods. It's in Leawood at 147th and Mission Road. It's got a huge vaulted ceiling...wood floors and a great stone patio. It's run by the city so you get to bring in your own food and alcohol so that made it much more afforadable for us. GL!http://www.leawood.org/parks/lodge.aspx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion -- we actually had a cousin who used that venue in February and it was awesome...  The entire wedding party came down the stairs in the far corner for their grand entrance. =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards