Canada

Feeling kinda Blah!

I don't know what this feeling is that has come over me. Part of me wants to plan, plan and plan some more for this wedding. But right now a larger part of me thinks its crazy to begin so early! I guess its partially because a lot of the attention and focus is going to my sister's wedding who is getting married in October. But right now I have no enthusiasm to go and visit vendors or do anything else for the wedding. As soon as I was on summer vacation (I'm a teacher) I figured I'd get a whole bunch done and get lots planned because I know things will get busy again come September but the motivation hasn't been there. Maybe its because when someone asks the date, the response is, oh that's still a while away or you've got lots of time. I just want this feeling to go away and to get my butt going and get this wedding planned!Any words of encouragement?

Re: Feeling kinda Blah!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel! I felt that way up until the 2-month mark. It's totally normal.We booked our church, reception, photographer, videographer and DJ, and I bought my dress about 11 months out. I think after all of that work in a short time span (especially the reception venue... all of those site visits made for an intense couple of weeks!), we were already burned out that we decided it was time for a moratorium on wedding stuff. For 6 months, lol.Actually, we found that other than booking those big vendors, there wasn't much to do at that point. What have you gotten done so far? At the very least, if you have the date and time figured out, you're doing OK!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, once you get the big stuff done, nothing else much needs to actually happen until you're 4 months out. Because of distance, my parents booked the venue as soon as we got engaged, then I was in Toronto for a week to book the florist, photographer, band, and get my dress (11 months out). Then there was a hiatus of about 6 months during which time we did a lot of brainstorming - figuring out the less obvious details (menu, do we want a video, wp dressed itself, deciding on our clergy, do we want to take go on a honeymoon, tweaking the guest list...) 4 months out got busy again (invitations, registry, and actually finalizing the details we'd been talking about) and the last month was lots of little jobs. But the whole planning process happens in fits and starts, and you will ultimately take care of everything that really matters to you. If you're feeling like you don't really want to do anything right now, it probably doesn't have to happen immediately. Maybe choose one vendor you care about and do all those visits first to kickstart the planning. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prostarr19prostarr19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All we have is the church and reception hall are booked and my dress and my BM's dresses are ordered. I've looked at centerpieces and have thought about starting to make a mock up one, but haven't yet. I'm assuming I should book a DJ and photographer soon.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're in good shape, I think. Photographer should be your next priority. Take a break for a couple of weeks if you need to :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to guess that your sister's wedding has a lot to do with it.  It's hard to get excited about yours when someone else is in the spotlight.As for having tons of time... I disagree.  Your wedding is 8 months away.  Yes you can technically plan a wedding in a month if you need to, but I would definitely start looking at what you like and what you don't like in terms of everything.Your florist should be booked very soon.  They won't want to see you until closer to the time but you'll want to make sure to be able to go around and look for someone that will do what you need them to do in the price range you are looking for.  Also, I would book your cake.  Photographer is a must!!  ASAP!!  Then start thinking about places to go for your pictures.  Look into what you need for those permits, etc.  Yes there is a good time period in between when you are basically doing nothing but then it hits you all at once.  If you have everything prepared before then you won't be a stressball at the end of it all.Don't let anyone ever tell you it's too early to plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards