Pennsylvania-Central

Ceremony Program Help

My FI's parents are divorced and both remarried. Should we include step-mother and step-father in the programs under the parents section? He is not close to his step-mother and his mom just married his step-father in May of this year. They are jointly paying for our rehearsal dinner though. I don't really have an opinion on this one, that is why I need help.TIA!!! 
Me:31 DH:34
Married: 4/8/12
DX: PCOS/MFI
IVF Cycle #1 planned for March/April
**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**

Re: Ceremony Program Help

• MeowsAlotMeowsAlot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're printing our programs now and both of our parents are divorced and remarried, so it's a laundry list of names.  My dad is not remarried but has lived with and I call her my step-mom for a few years, and she doesn't always act like she likes me, so I was stuck.  FI step-mom pretty much raised him, but he wanted to acknowledge his mother.We asked our parents if they wanted their husband/wive's name on the program, or just their name by itself--they all wanted their respective's name on the program except for his mother who remarried about 2 years ago, we have her name by itself.  Have FI ask his parents what they would like to see.  Maybe parents don't want the step's on it, or maybe the steps don't want to be on it, so it's best to check. 
  • a2cranea2crane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a tough call...I see the dilemma. I think that I would just include them and do something like:Parents of the Groom "Mr. & Mrs. Jones""Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (assuming that both of the wives took the husband's last name). I think better safe than sorry, especially if they are both paying for the rehearsal. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had the same issue and we did it like this:Mother of the groom: Ms. MParents of the groom: Mr. and Mrs. MHe didn't want his mother's husband listed but did want his s-mother listed but didn't want to say step-.  The tricky thing was that his mom is re-married but kept his father's name so everyone had the same last name!! Just ask your FI and his family what they want
  • edited December 2011
    I included mine. They've been my step parents for a long time though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards