New York-New York City

Don't like my dress

I wish I hadn't ordered it....just having a change of heart.  It's Maggie Sottero Pamela Royale, and it's a beautiful dress but it has a rather large ruffle halter collar, which is what I originally loved about it.

My hair is too short for an updo, and I'm afraid the look will be all wrong.  And I think I'm stuck since I already paid for half the dress.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Ugh..I feel so depressed about it!!!

Re: Don't like my dress

• edited December 2011
    You can try talking to the shop; they could better resell the dress than you can (trust me, as I have a new MS Michelle that's been sitting in my closet since I've picked it up).  Otherwise, if they won't work with you, you can try selling it and then buy another dress.  You may have to realize the possibility that this will be your dress.  Sorry...
  • cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps you could have it altered to look a slightly different way if you are unhappy about just one part of it?
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( I'm sorry. That stinks. I see it all the time on the boards though. I agree with the PP, try talking to the shop or maybe finding a seamstress on the cheap that can alter it for you. If not, and it involves taking a hit money-wise, you can go through with the purchase and then re-sell it. There is a board here for re-selling of wedding stuff, post on some of the local boards or try ebay or craigslist. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks, ladies.  I think I'm going to go to the salon this weekend and try the sample on again, maybe talk to the seamstress about alterations. Maybe she can give me some level of comfort and talk me off the ledge.

I appreciate all your thoughts!

• TristenMDTristenMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey that's a really pretty dress, wish you luck with it!
  • edited December 2011
    you could also always consider temporary hair extensions ( Jessica Simpson stuff) something you can just add for a night not the crazy expencive stuff and you would have your long hair.. Dress you can alway alter if need to be plus accessories can make a huge difference.. I am sorry you feel this way;-( maybe the salon is going to be understanding and change it for you, good that you haven't gotten any alterations. Also if your dress hasn't arrived yet you might be able to stop the whole process.. Call your salon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
  • edited December 2011
    this dress is sooooo beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm feeling better about my dress since the idea of hair extensions, where I CAN do an updo.  Starting to research that now.  I realize that hair and makeup (and accessories) really make all the difference in the world!  It is a gorgeous, unique dress...I just have to get a grip on the hair!!
  • edited December 2011
    How did it all turn out? Did you keep your dress?;-)
  • MOMCHIKMOMCHIK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found this info.  Might help. 

Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to granting wishes to men and women battling stage IV breast cancer, has kicked off its Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns and will be stopping in Staten Island, NY on October 21-23.

Find a dream wedding gown while making wishes come true for metastatic breast cancer patients.

The charity wedding gown sale features hundreds of beautiful gowns donated by manufacturers, designers, retailers and individuals. Specific gown prices range from $199 and up, including hundreds of brand name and designer gowns, some valued up to $8,000. Tiaras, veils, crinolines and other accessories will also be offered. Bridal gown donations will also be accepted for gowns 2006 and newer at the sale.

Still looking for your dream wedding gown? Don’t miss your chance to save money on your gown, while supporting a great cause!

VIP Night – Mini Bridal Show with Gown Sale
    $40 Bride  plus one guest Admission; $25 Guest Admission
    Thursday, October 21 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
    Order tickets at http://babcstatenisland.eventbrite.com/

General Sale – Free Admission
    Friday, October 22 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
    Saturday, October 23 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
    Pre-register at http://makingmemories.org/bride_preregistration.html

2131 Hylan Blvd.
    Staten Island, NY 10306

Want to Volunteer? Sign up at http://statenislandvolunteers.eventbrite.com/

Cheap, wedding gowns, bridal gowns, green weddings, discounted, designer, bridal show, bridal event, dress sale, trunk show, Staten Island, New York, tiaras, veils, shoes, flower girls dresses, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses, Vera Wang, Maggie Sottero, Kleinfeld!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards