Not Engaged Yet
Options

New (kinda)

Figured I'd introduce myself :)I was engaged to someone who I didn't actually want to be with, but felt I had to because we had been together since I was 15 (looooooong story.) Anyway - I broke off the engagement (thankfully I realized how unhappy I was before we got married), So, I've been on here before (with a different username).And now I've found someone who actually makes me happy, and that a relationship really is only about the two people in the relationship. (And I sound like I'm on Oprah or something ;D). Anyway - thought I'd introduce myself. My BF and I have talked about getting married, but can't afford a ring yet - and he hasn't met my family, so that's part of it too. :)
Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New (kinda)

• Options
    Lilika FlowerLilika Flower member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long have you known each other and dating? Congrats on knowing what you want and not getting marrying someone who you don't feel comfortable spending the rest of your life with.
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So... you've been engaged before 21, and now you're talking about getting married again? When were you engaged the first time? Either you were engaged at/before 18, and dated this guy for 3 years, or you were engaged later, and dating this guy for less than 3 years under the age of 21. Either way, it doesn't sound like a good idea. Is this guy rebound and you're idolizing him by comparing him to your ex?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was engaged at 18, and we would have been engaged for about 2 years before getting married.I've been with my boyfriend now for close to a year. Trust me, the proposal won't be coming anytime soon, so you can bet theres probably at least a year or so before there's even a ring and then another 6 months to a year before there's a wedding. I realize that 21 seems very young, and people say this all the time - but I'm very mature for my age (people usually don't believe me when I tell them I'm 21 after they've met me). I've never been into the things that most 21 year olds are into - and I've always been a relationship person. And I did date in between my ex and my current boyfriend - so no, he's not just a rebound.
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (the only reason my profile says Nov of 2010 is 'cause it won't let me not pick a date)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI explaining why you are mature for your age is usually frowned upon. If you are so mature you should be secure enough to not a list of how different you are from other people your age. I don't want to sound mean since you might just be nervous posting (I know I was at first.)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not have a*** bleh, I can't type.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lilika - thanks for the advice :) As much as I love the internet and community boards - it's a love hate relationship since you can never really tell a person's tone.It's tough to describe your whole personality when people can't actually talk to you... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been dating my BF since I was 18! I'm now turning 21 on Aug 19 & we're getting engaged so u're not the only one. He's been in my life 3 wonderful years & like u i've always been a relationship person. Are we getting married right now? No. But in like 2 years we should be ready. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards