New Jersey - South
Options

AW: 1 MONTH!!

Holly molly we are at 1 month today! I can not believe it's so close this past year flew by. I am almost sad all the planning is gonna be over but we have now moved on to house hunting a new obsession.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: 1 MONTH!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! The big day will be here before you know it and everything will be amazing, especially you two on the dance floor! :-) House hunting is a whole other obsession-you guys are smart in waiting b/c wedding planning  and house hunting is a crazy mix! Don't get me wrong, it can be fun and exciting but it is also stressful at times-kind of like wedding planning! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! I'll be at the 4 month 4 week mark in 2 days and I'm also in shock how fast this past year went...now I'm also worried that Christmas is that close too..haha!!I on the other hand don't think I'll be upset when all the planning is over :)  I can't wait to get back to real life and not stress about any wedding stuff....I'm gonna veg out and hang with my new niece/nephew and be so happy I don't have to think about guest lists or flowers.Coming from someone who already has a house, it is going to be SOO much more exciting and thrilling then planning a wedding (not actually getting married though) :)  When we sat down and signed that papers on our house and got the keys I was bouncing out of my seat...I couldn't believe we were going to own a house.  We walked around the house for a month saying "this is our wall", "We own this floor" :) Enjoy it, it's so fun!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww!  That is so much fun!  And I second njgal--you guys will be great at dancing!House hunting, as I am sure you know, can be really stressful.  You two are very smart to wait.  I think our home buying process has been more stressful than wedding planning for us.  We will be happy when we are all settled in!  Hopefully you will enjoy the process more than we have!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Summer, how are things coming along with the house?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Summer did you get a hold of Barb for a private lesson?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    njgal...we are supposed to settle next Friday but we waiting to make sure everything is in place!  It is so nerve wracking!  How is your house?D&J...I have to call her today.  Hopefully she can do something for us.  Maybe 1 hour of a private lesson will really help!  FI is very frustrated and wants to change our song but I think we sticking with it!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your closing next friday! 2 weeks before the wedding?! Wow that is stressfull.  Hopefully she can do something don't change your song now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the 1 month mark! That is so exciting. I'm excited to hear how your candy buffet turns out :) House hunting can be so much fun. We recently just bought a house and it has been a great experience. I’m sure it can be stressful for some but it is also really exciting. I think it all depends on the time frame that someone purchases a house. If it is close to your wedding date I’m sure it can be a headache but if it’s done enough in advance it can be fun to put things on your registry that you know you will actually need and not just guess. House hunting is a great obsession.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    demarcosdj--house hunting was fun at first, and we tried to do it enough before our wedding that we would be fine.  We ran into inspection issues on the first 2 properties we were buying so we are now on #3, hence the crazy stress and closing so close to our wedding!  Overall it has been fun (I love real estate). D&J--we just want to work on basic steps with Barbara so we move fluidly.  FI still takes big steps so I don't how this will work!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Summer, this past weekend we told Barbara that some of the steps that we learned were too tricky and that we could not do them in our dress (especially the moves we learned when it was just you and your FI and Rosy-those steps were insane! :-))This past weekend was a whole lot easier and more "danceable" for a wedding gown.  It was just the basic box step along with a few other moves that are a little fun to do! If you meet with Barbara again, ask her what she did with us on 7/26 and hopefully it works for you guys!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the house! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SummerPastelBride- I’m sorry if you thought that was directed towards you. I was just saying in general. I know a few people were saying it’s better to wait and I just didn’t want people thinking that you can’t do both at the same time. I’m sorry that you guys had to go through so much I'm sure I would be almost at a panic attack if all that was going on and my wedding was so close.  I’m sure everything will work out and your house will be amazing. We ended up buying a short sale and there was a little back and forth so I know what you mean.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Princess Diana!!!!! It's gonna fly by!!!!!! We started house hunting the other day...fun but so so addicting!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bunchy--how exciting!  Good luck!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards