New Jersey - South

Is it too soon to start booking?

I am not getting married until May of next year, but I keep getting all of these e-mail offers for photographers, DJ's etc, and I don't know if I should be pursuing them.  I got a great quote from Silver Sound DJ's, and I'd like to meet with him, but is it just too soon to start booking?  Edit:The reception site is booked and the officiant for the on-site ceremony has accepted the date, so that step is complete.

Re: Is it too soon to start booking?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think its too soon. I started booking over a year out.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think its too soon either..jsut be sure that its what you really want. Shop around a little bit before you settle for somethin.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope not too soon. I booked my photog and venue 15 months out. I booked my DJ 11 months out.
  • edited December 2011
    Not too soon at all. I booked my venue 16 months out and photog 15 months. Do you have your venue booked? I wouldn't book anything thing (DJ, photog, florist...etc) untill you have that booked so you have a definite date to give everyone else!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too soon.  I suggest booking the venue and talking to the officiant (if you have someone particular in mind) first.  We went to our venue 14 months out and our date was booked - so we had to change the date we wanted.  If you have a place/date you really want you should check it out.  Once you get your date situated there, you can book anything you want and know it's yours!
    Photobucket
  • danagigsdanagigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to soon at all! I started a year and a half... but def start with the big things first (ie Venue, church, officiants, etc) The bonus to booking early is you typically get a great price. Your gonna have 2011 pricing as opposed to 2012 which usually go up yearly. Just be prepared for a lot of family and friends telling you it to soon!!! That is all i heard from my family, but now that i am less then a year away I have no stress because I booked everything I wanted and didnt have to settle cause my date wasnt available or whatnot. Good Luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married Sept 2012 and we already have our venue, band, and photographer booked.  I do not think it is too soon especially if you know exactly what you want!!

September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have the officiant and reception site booked (on-site ceremony) so that is taken care of.  Where did you ladies find your DJ's, photog's etc? Any sites that I can troll for reviews, or just search on here a bit more?
  • edited December 2011
    I love the forums for the reviews but the one site I found to be a bit more organized and user friendly for finding vendors was WeddingWire.com. I found my DJ through the bridal shows we had here because I really wanted to see them in action rather than just picking them based on reviews so that's a good place to look for them. Yelp is also a good place for reviews. Good luck with your search!
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Steve Croce from Silver Sounds. He has great reviews. We booked our DJ a year out and our meeting with him went well. He is very personable. 

GL!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards