New York-Hudson Valley

Bands in Westchester?

Has anyone here had a band at their wedding instead of a DJ? (or has booked one)? Just wondering what kind of prices people have been quoted.My brother just booked a band for his wedding, and they sound fabulous, but they are charging $10K for 5 hours. We don't really have a budget but I can't imagine paying that much for music. I'm leaning towards a DJ, but no one in my family has ever used one for a formal wedding. Any advice? TIA!
Photobucket

Re: Bands in Westchester?

• lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our band is from LI but they travel upstate and they aren't even close to $10K! We hired Soul Revival. I love them and can't wait to have them at our wedding. Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com HTH!! Lucy
  • edited December 2011
    Our band came from LI also and was more in the 5-6k range.  They were absolutely worth every penny too!  I think it's becoming more common to use DJs but the live band is a really nice touch if you can do it!  If you're interested, our band was The Touch www.thetouchpage.com
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, most bands are in the $5-6,000 range.  We're having Celtic Cross play.
  • massangelmassangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are going to be using Naked Soul, based out of Yonkers.  They charge ~$8k.  FSIL used a DJ, which worked out fine.  I think it's really up to you which way you want to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kel312nykel312ny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using ETA Music out of CT.  We're paying between $6-7k.  I'm most excited for the band for our wedding...ask me how it went in 2 1/2 weeks :)
  • Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We too used ETA music (out of ct)- LOVED THEM!!!! I'm really excited for you Kel! But I would say anything less than about 7k is a great deal for westchester area. good luck!
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BM used Era2000 (at my recommendation), and paid around $6K.. they are amazing!!  I would definitely take a look at them to see for yourself. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew, $6K makes me feel a lot better! Once I'm closer to my date (still realllly far out so I've only booked the venue so far and am waiting a bit longer for vendors), I'll keep the suggestions in mind. Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Photobucket
  • Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had a dj but i went with stolen moments who also is a band. i could not afford a band but they offer an option of having a live singer which was beautiful. she sang our first dance song and a few other various songs through out the night. i don't think they are that expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards