Not Engaged Yet

Katie Kirkpatrick

I came across the photography series online this morning and it broke my heart.http://bop.nppa.org/2006/still_photography/winners/OES/67966/134496.htmlJust seeing a story like that makes me for all the blessings in my life, especially the chance to actually live life. Hopefully it can do the same for someone else. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Katie Kirkpatrick

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing that! It was completely sad but really shows me how blessed I really am.
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost just started bawling right here in the library. I don't think the other patrons would appreciate my enthusiasm.I am so glad that she was able to enjoy this moment in life before she died. Rest in peace, Katie <3
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's like a real life A Walk to Remember! D:
  • edited December 2011
    At least that one had some happiness to it.Did you look at the others?  The one with the acid survivors was truly heartwrenching.  Thanks for sharing these.  I need to be reminded of how good I have it on about an every other day basis.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying so hard not to cry while sitting at work. :(That's one hell of a story. Thanks for sharing it.
    Anniversary
  • ast.meghanast.meghan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That story hit so close to home .. literally.  I live maybe a half hour from where Katie did.  Such a sad story - may Katie rest in peace.
  • edited December 2011
    That is so sad. But at the same time, it's happy. She got to experience all the joy of her wedding day, and love, and everything that came with it.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stories like that make me thankful that I quit smoking.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness!!  This person lived 45 minutes away from my town!!  I didn't even hear about this!!  I definitely do not try to take my life for granted...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards