Not Engaged Yet
Options

Time for a re-introduction

Just wanted to re-introduce myself, I had posted back around October but then just went back to lurking.  But here I am, wanting to say hi again! :)Been dating the BF for 6 years next month.  He's truly an amazing guy (I know, I know, doesn't everyone say that about their BF?) and my absolute best friend.  We've been living in sin for a little over a year, and would love to buy a house sometime in the not-so-distant future.I know the proposal is coming very soon because we've discussed it a lot.  We've agreed on a spring 2011 wedding (no date or anything yet, though) and we want over a year to plan.  He's been hinting heavily lately and with our 6-year anniversary and a romantic getaway coming soon, I know there will be some great opportunities for it to happen!And for you moissanite lovers out there (like Jeana), I've told the BF that's what I'd prefer over a diamond, thanks mostly to all the great things I've read about it on this board! So we'll see what happens when the time comes.Looking forward to joining in on the conversations around here!

Re: Time for a re-introduction

• Options
    edited December 2011
    o hai!Nice to meet you! Don't forget Panda is a moissanite lover, too! She actually HAS hers already. ;)So, how come you've been lurking?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <3 jeanaSpeaking of which, have you guys made a decision on yours, jeana?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome back!where are you going on your romantic getaway if you don't mind me asking?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Panda-- <3"decision" is not a word my BF takes lightly. However, based upon 5 years of learning to deal with his subtle form of procrastination, I can make the following assumptions:1) he will buy me a moissanite2) he likes cushion-cut because it's a bit more unusual than princess3) he is still undecided as to the precise size and whether to go with an enhanced stone4) it will most likely be a solitaire, because he would rather get that and buy an enhancer-wrap-thing for some anniversary down the road... because he thinks I change my mind too muchOh, and 5) he's fantastic and whatever he does finally "decide" will be perfect.Even though he takes a verrrrrry long time to do anything at all (in all aspects of life, not just this), I know he only does it because he wants everything to be just right.Personally, I'd just slap a gumball machine ring on a girl's finger and say "Okay! ENGAGED!"Maybe that's why God made me a woman. Because if I were a guy everyone would think I was a jackass. At least as a girl they just think I'm flighty and a bit on the bossy side. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha Jeana, you're totally right, and didn't mean to forget you, Panda...I did see the thread on your ring, congrats!I've lurked mainly for the entertainment value; this board can get pretty ridonkulous at times! (Oh, oh, spelling error was on purpose! Swear I'm not a crazy!!)  But seriously, seems there's a good balance between the BSCs and the normals who seem to share my sense of sarcasm/humor so I figured I'd join in on the fun.Annnnnd our "romantic getaway" is to Cape Cod.  We live in NJ and it's a getaway that's within our budget (a.k.a. within driving distance).  Maybe not too exciting to some but I can't wait!  Anyone from around there with travel tips??
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jeana- Haha. If you want, I can ask my jeweler when he's gonna start offering the enhanced stones, and see if he'll have a cushion in the 5.5-6mm range, price, etc. He and I talk A LOT, so it wouldn't be any trouble.What is in/at Cape Cod? I hear about people going there a lot, but I know nothing of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Panda, I wouldn't turn that down. If you happen to talk to him soon go ahead and ask for me. Thanks! <3Eleven-- my BF and I have been talking about going on a "romantic getaway" to New Orleans for some time now. We live in Baton Rouge, so that's what's nearby. I think that if Cape Cod is in your budget, you can MAKE it romantic. ;)I don't really know much about Cape Cod, though. It's a little.... north.... for my tastes.I hope you have a blast!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana -- "North for your taste"...Love it!  Fortunately we're going at the end of August so it should still be warm there.  I won't go NEAR New England in the winter...Jersey gets quite enough snow for my taste!  I'm definitely looking forward to this trip, because lately the closest we've gotten to a 'vacation' is 1) going to our alma mater's (Rutgers University) football team's away games or 2) camping out in the living room...does that count as a vacation?? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eleven~ Sounds nice - have a great time!Jeana~ Every day I think we have more and more in common.  Just about anything north of North Carolina/South Carolina border country is too "north" for my tastes.  I don't handle cold well at ALL.  It's 90+ degrees here on average in the summer and I wear a hoodie because when I go inside because everyone has the A/C cranked to compensate for the heat.  I happen to think 90 degrees is comfortable; everyone else is miserable!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards