Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Mpls parks engagement photos

We are doing our engagement photos on Friday, and a friend of ours, who is a photographer, will be taking them for us.  He informed me today that Mpls parks requires a photo permit for individual/group photography.  I did not know that.  We've come up with an alternate location, but I wanted to let you all know about that in case you were thinking of having photos done in Mpls.  Make sure your photographer has a permit! 

Re: Mpls parks engagement photos

• Options
    I didn't think this applied to wedding photography, but more if someone was taking a picture focusing on the park or a large group event.   I would call Minneapolis Parks & Rec and ask about this just to be certain.
  • Options
    I read this somewhere as well, but when I was talking about possible locations for pictures for the girls I mentioned the Sculpture Garden, and she said that they do not require a permit for wedding pictures and that she takes pictures there quite a bit with no issues. So yeah, I would call the Mpls Parks program and ask.
  • Options
    I might be way off here, but I think some places only require a permit if the photographer will be using a tripod. Maybe that's the case with the parks?
  • Options
    We did ours at Minnehaha Falls and I don't beleive a permit was needed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We did ours at Loring Park.  My Minneapolis-based photographers did not say anything about a permit.  I am guessing they had purchased an annual one.  http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=27
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.  After finding all this out, I also discovered that this weekend is gay pride weekend in Loring Park, so it's probably best that we moved our pics to Centennial Lakes anyway.   In fact, the coordinator there said she was really surprised about the Mpls parks rule.  My thought was also that if the photographer looks professional, they'll have an issue (ie: tripod, multiple lenses, etc).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards