Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Regrets?

I was talking to another knottie on a different board. She mentioned how she was jealous over a certain aspect and I realized I was regretting some of my overall decisions. Did anybody else encounter this during the planning process? Or is this part of the "it's so close" blues?

Re: Regrets?

• Options
    My first impulse is that it is because it is so close, but it's hard to say, not knowing what the actual issue is. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As of this moment, I don't have any regrets. Ask me in 3 months when I'm two weeks out and my answer may change :)
  • Options
    No and no.  I did enjoy planning it, but I'm glad that it's done.  What are you regretting?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sorry for the poor comprehension.  I'm drinking.  $1 Amber Bock...yummmm

• Options
    When you get close, you start focusing on all the things you don't have rather than remembering how stoked you are about the thing you do have.It's like...a downtime period where you have everything booked and now it's like a sit and wait game.But your wedding day will be great and wonderful. I'm a big believer in instincts. The direction you went is the direction you wanted to go.Be confident in that.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I regret not eloping.
  • Options
    The last week I've been really worrying about some of the things I picked, and kicking myself because I had 2 years to plan. Why did I lock in my choices so soon and then not even consider alternatives afterwards?  Now it's too late...
  • Options
    For a long time, we really regretted having such expensive taste and choosing a really high end venue. Mainly because FMIL keeps hassling us about it even though she didn't speak up when we first booked it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just being silly. I'm regretting the stupid stuff like paper (STDs, invites, photosharing cards). I feel like everything we have planned is more traditional than not. And we were going for a non-traditional feel. For example, why didn't we get those cute skull and crossbones invites again? (Flame all you want, they're cute, damnit!)
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I regret having such a long engagement. I just want this flucking mess to be over with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am still far enough out that no decisions I've made are really final other than vendors, but I am super indecisive and keep changing my mind about a lot of the details, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having regrets or questioning my final decisions when I get to that point.  I think you just have to remember that at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what kinds of flowers or color scheme you have, you'll still get to be married to the person you love.
  • Options
    At the moment, nothing really.  Ask me again in a year when it turns out to be just me and FI going when everyone else says they can't.
  • Options
    Oh but I should add, getting closer to the wedding (only 2-1/2 weeks to go!), we started letting go of any regrets and just looking forward to everything.We had our final venue meeting today and were reminded why we chose this place. We absolutely love it. I guess it's a little bit like having cold feet on the dress, but once you try it on again you'll remember why you bought it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    It's paper, Kel. People get it, and throw it away. Trust me. People will get your theme and they will think it's non traditional.Think of all the things you are doing that ARENT traditional. There's lots.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh, I do have one big regret that irks me: asking my BP too early.  I still love them all but if I could do it over again I would cut the list down.  Having 8 just seems ridiculous to me now.
  • Options
    Bel, I'm telling ya. 3 month engagements is where its at.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh honey, those things are so not worth fretting over.The 'feel' of the wedding will be dictated by you guys, not the details.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    when it's all said and done: no regrets. Before the wedding I was stressed about it all - and convinced what we didn't have would be a huge deal. In the end - what we had was perfect.
  • Options
    You're right. As always. Which is why I asked P&E. Fishy, you're the best :P
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    fische - At one point last August, before we had picked a date, I tried to convince FI I could pull it together for the Christmas holiday. He just laughed at me. I insisted and he totally shot it down. :(
  • Options
    And thank you ring pop. :)
  • Options
    You know I <3 ya.... Bel, yeah. Getting married in 3 months was the best decision ever.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I definitely felt that way for a couple months before the wedding.  I was convinced that my wedding would be sparse, bare, and ugly because I didn't have the oodles of perfect details that TK shows you in all their pretty pictures.  In reality, many people won't be expecting things like we see on TK all the time and they'll really appreciate the details you do have.  And you have great details!  Your guest book idea alone is makes me green with envy. Don't stress about it!  It will come out beautifully.
  • Options
    H and I talked about this the day after our wedding. We wouldn't change a single thing except we would have left more time for photos. In an effort not to have 'the gap', we only had 1 hr for photos and it felt really rushed and we didn't have time to go to a location we really wanted.If I could go back, I would have bumped up the ceremony from 6 to 5:30 and made cocktail 'hour' an hour and a half. I really don't think our guests would have minded or noticed, since weddings in our area usually have 2 or 3 hour gaps.
  • Options
    Side note: I feel like I just was just slapped across the face by P&E. "Wake up, scoetto!" It's a good feeling!
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    If you're having regrets about you're engagement ring, I could take it off your hands. Just saying.
  • Options
    Haha! No regrets there, bel. That is, if you're talking to me. And thanks, Jesse'sGirl. I was envious of your wedding. Will Jesse rent that trolley for us? I mean, it could be a wedding present :P
  • Options
    The trolley was awesome-- and awesomely cheap.  To charter it up to our area, however, might be a tab difficult... :)
  • Options
    i am looking forward to my stupid big princess day. dont get me wrong.but i do regret not saying "eff our families!" and eloping somewhere warm and beautiful we caved to faily pressures...
  • Options
    I regret not bringing my coat down.  Now I'm drinking and cold.As for the wedding, the paper stuff is really so pointless.  It's going to kick a$$ b/c you and H will make it so and no stationary will do that for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards