Jewish Weddings

OT: Disney Channel Launches in Israel

Thought you'd all get a kick out of this. From JTA:[quote]The Disney Channel will launch an Israeli counterpart in September. Israeli children will be able to watch popular Disney shows dubbed into Hebrew, as well as original programming with Israeli actors, according to reports. Disney shows including "Hannah Montana" and "Wizards of Waverly Place" now appear on satellite television stations in Israel with Hebrew subtitles. Disney has been a source of contention  in the Middle East in recent years. In 2007, Hamas used a character that looked like Mickey Mouse to teach Palestinian children to hate Israel.[/quote]
Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OT: Disney Channel Launches in Israel

• edited December 2011
    Oh thats awesome. I have to say, whenever I'm in Israel and I'm watching tv I always get thrown off w/the voice overs. I saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith there as well and that was really weird, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Shoshie - You WOULD be the one to post this! You crack me up! I think it's great, and if you ever go over you'll be all set!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards