Canada
Options

Help! Where I can get invites printed?

I bought the print it yourself invites from Michaels. They have a somewhat bumpy texture. Now I am trying to print them out & they look a little blurry.I am thinking I should find somehwere to take them and get them printed cuz I cant send them out like this.Does anyone know of a place?I already got told no at Staples.Thanks ladies for any suggestions! Im from around the Toronto area!

Re: Help! Where I can get invites printed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are they the BRIDES ones?  I tried those and hated them, the ink came out weird for me too.  Try a local copy and print shop, not a chain like Staples.  They will have smaller printers that the pre-cut paper might work on.  The Printing House? I know they are in the GTA.
  • Options
    sillynutsillynut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes I am hating the BRIDES collection right now, lol. I found a small place like you suggested. I guess if the invites were cheap I shouldnt mind forking out another $120 to have them printed properly. Ugh Thanks!
  • Options
    lm1984lm1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the "Brides" invitations from Michaels and they turned out great.  I am getting tons of compliments on them.  I think it might depend on the quality of your printer.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried playing around with your print settings?  I used a Martha Stewart kit and printed on "Best Photo" and they came out nicely.Also, if you've got an older printer, I'd suggest checking with the DIY board for printer recommendations, that might end up cheaper than getting them printed.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, $120? Thats a lot of moolah! Maybe call around more, that totally negates any savings you might have had buying the kit.  I would second the reccomendation for a good printer too.
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the printing house! How many invites are we talking here? $120 also sounds high to me...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sillynutsillynut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $120 for 60 invitations, 60 RSVP cards & 60 Hotel/Direction Cards. It might be my printer, I dont know. I didnt want to buy a new printer and Im in a bit of a rush, I wanted to have RSVPs in by Sept 5th.Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the worst time in the WORLD getting mine printed, and it was just plain, pre-cut cardstock. If it is just black printing, try Essence de Papier on Yonge. Be warned, if you have any greyscale, it didn't work for me. They were also quite expensive. Sorry I can't help more, I ended up getting a friend of a friend who printed them. Maybe see if anyone you know has a high quality laser printer. If you hand-feed every piece through it should work (that's why Staples can't, they refuse to hand feed the paper).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards