New York-Hudson Valley

NWR: Buying a house

My FI and I are going to the lawyers on Thursday morning to sign the contract and put down our down payment.  I just want to say this is the most terrifying and exciting thing I have ever done!!!!  When you see the $$ figures on paper like that... EEEKKKK Just had to get that out there.
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image

Re: NWR: Buying a house

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    break out the champagne! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    soo exciting! congrats!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    omg I totally agree!  We just bought our place in the spring and it is a SCARY amount of money!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay congrats! We are just starting the house hunting search ourselves at the moment. Just think, it may seem like a lot of money now, but the money that otherwise would be dumped into rent will now be going into a place that you own!
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It is scary, especially when you see the page that has how much interest you'll pay over 30 years, but it is so exciting too! When we closed on our house in April, all of the lawyers were joking around with each other and with us, so it helped relax us a lot.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Yippee! That's exciting and scary--we are house hunting too. Just think...it's a good investment for the rest of your life and your families life. =0)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know your feeling, we are in the process of buying a Co-op and all the $$ going into it, EEKKKKKKKK!!!!
  • Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats... it is freaky at first but so nice to go home to your own place. i tell people are place maybe small and it may not be much, and yes i'm all the way up in orange county but guess what... the only mortgage i'm paying is mine...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!! So excited for you!!!! :)Signing the contracts is nothing compared to the closing - so get ready!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! i'll keep you posted :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Mimi501Mimi501 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats & good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards