Not Engaged Yet

Really big rings?

My boyfriend and I have been talking about engagement and all things surrounding that, including rings. This is the 2nd time he will have been engaged (the first time didn't work out, lucky for me!) so he knows about buying a ring. However, his first time getting a ring, he went to the store, picked it out, and then did some digging to find her ring size, and bought it. I have told him, and showed him, what I want, so there's no question about that, but I have huge fingers. When I was in high school, my class ring was a 13, and I can't imagine that they've shrunk at all since then. Most places I see only go up to a 9 or 10. So 2 questions: 1) where CAN you find rings somewhere in an actual store (he doesn't do online shopping) and 2) how do I break it to him that even though he thinks I'm joking when I say I have giant, fat fingers that I'm not kidding? Any advice? Thanks!

Re: Really big rings?

• tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought this post was going in another direction ::sigh::Sounds like something that you would have to custom order.  If you guys have talked about getting the ring already, I would suggest just going together to look at some rings and getting sized.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everything tide said.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tbh33tbh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tide.  She's always (or usually) fairly quick to answer and always has good advice.  Plus, I'd hate to get my perfect ring and realize it's too small and then find out that I can't get it anymore.  So better to find out the size and go from there or possibly even have a custom one done.
  • edited December 2011
    ditto what tide said you can always look into getting something custom made but other than than the sizing is probably going to have to be custom ordered. As far as breaking it to him I'd just go to a store somewhere and get your finger sized so you can get it right.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ac_in_dcac_in_dc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys should go to a store together, then they can size it, do customization, etc. If you want to go the traditional route and don't want to officially go ring shopping, you could always go to a jewelry store by yourself or with a friend and ask them what to do.  It may not be a bad idea to try on some rings if you can, even if they're wedding bands (which are unisex). You want to make sure you're picking a ring width that's flattering to your hands (I'd imagine a 1-2mm band width would not work, for example).  
  • edited December 2011
    Try this website.  They carry rings that are a size 13http://www.brilliantearth.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards