Louisiana-New Orleans

Gym/ Personal Trainer

Anyone have recommendations for a gym or personal trainer in the area?  Preferably Metairie.If I workout in the mornings (although, I am NOT an early bird so this isn't the best option for me), I'd need to be done by 6 or 6:30 a.m.   I think a place that stays open fairly late at night is best for me.  I don't need childcare or a swimming pool or some of the other "perks" that you pay for at some gyms.  Just a basic facility with a trainer who can keep me motivated and show me what I need to do to meet my goals.  Motivating myself is NOT one of my strong points!  LOL    I also don't want to (and with the wedding can't afford to) spend an arm and a leg.Any suggestions?  TIA!

Re: Gym/ Personal Trainer

• edited December 2011
    i workout at premier fitness on airline, near labarre rd. i love it. everyone is super friendly, it's really clean and is not as crowded as elmwood.i'm a student, so i got a discounted rate- it's 50 initiation fee and 60 per month, i'm not sure what their rates are if you aren't a student though. they have a lot of trainers and they're easy to get appointments with. i think you get a package of 10 personal training workouts(1 hour) for $400. you can also buy them individually and/or by the half hour. hth
  • edited December 2011
    I work out at Final Fitness at 206 Edwards right near Jeff Highway.  They are open 24/7 with a gym membership and have a lot of trainers available too.  I love working out there, it is by far my favorite gym in the area.Linda Stamm is the owner.http://www.finalfitness.net/
  • sedaiglesedaigle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simply Fit. They have a location in Uptown and Metairie.  http://www.simplyfitgym.com/
  • ladynred19ladynred19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're a member of YMCA, then you can get a 3N1 program for free.  It's 3 months, you have a workout plan, you don't have a "personal trainer" per se but you do talk to one every month.  You track all your exercise.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the recommendations, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards