Pre-wedding Parties

bridal shower for a beach wedding

my wedding will be at the beach about 2 hours away from where my fiance and i live. no one is local to that area, except my parents, who live about an hour from the beach. most of my fiance's family and our friends live about an hour away from us, but the majority of my family is from the other side of the country. since all of these people are driving or flying in for the wedding, should we still plan on having a shower, eventhough most of my family won't be able to attend? or should we just forget about it, because everyone is spending a lot of money to come to the beach and stay for our wedding? any thoughts on this situation? thanks.

Re: bridal shower for a beach wedding

• edited December 2011
    If someone offers to host a shower for you, you may graciously accept.  Invite  your immediate families and the people who are within an hour of you.If no one offers to host a shower, then no shower.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • edited December 2011
    Well the bride does not plan a shower. So has anyone offered to hostess one for you? If so you may accept if not then you do not have one
  • edited December 2011
    my sister (MOH)  and mom have offered, i just don't know if it looks bad to have a shower when also requesting people stay at the beach for my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards