July 2010 Weddings

Vents?

Anyone have any - or am I the only crabby one today?:-p
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vents?

• Haha it's only 7:30 am my time. I haven't had time to get crabby yet today, but I will let you know :)
  • Not really a vent..but I'm freaking out about this test today. If I do well and get the job my stress will seriously plunge..I could actually breathe and know I'm OKay every month without counting out tip money. *fingers crossed* I test at 1pm. Hmm..and since I'll be in the Burgh I want to go out and do something, but what to do all by my lonesome? Hmm...
    image image 272 - Invited image 4 - Taking their Sweet Time image 203 - Ready to Celebrate! image 65 - Party Poopers Wedding Countdown Ticker July 31, 2010 - Planning Bio Wedding Blog - Planning for Eternity<3</a>
  • i woke up a few times in the middle of the night bc my hand was sooo itchy (i have ezcema) then I woke up at 7am on my day off because I noticed my FI was not in bed.. so I sorta panicked even though he was up getting ready for work.  Then i went to the bathroom and when i turned the faucet on i burnt my hand the water was so hot!! and then when i put my medicine on my hand for my ezcema it stung my burnt skin... I think I going to stay safe in bed all day... lol
  • Aw Ida, you will do great! :)Joelle - I think my only vent at 7:30 was "I'm tired!"  Haha, where are you located - west coast?My vent is going to make me sound like a brat, but I am so sick of living at home.  My parents are great, and the ridiculously little amount that I pay them for rent is going towards my wedding, but I just really want my own space.  My bedroom was great when I was 10, but now it just feels small and cramped.  I just can't justify moving out when FI and I are saving $$ for a house.  I know it will be worth it in the long run, but right now I'm just annoyed.
    Anniversary
  • Sugar:That is my only vent so far. That, and there was traffic on my way to work. And I live in California. I live with my parents too, and it is driving me nuts! We are in the process of moving into my grandmother's house (she died two years ago), and my parents are taking their sweet time getting in there (we have to be out of here by September 1st). I am basically living out of a laundry basket because I haven't unpacked all of my things since I figured we would be moving a month and a half ago. And they are driving me crazy! Like the four years I spent living on my own never happened. So I guess I do have a vent haha. But I totally know what you mean Sugar.
  • Haha good to know I'm not alone :)Lynde - ouch!  Hope your hand feels better!
    Anniversary
  • Oh god no, you are definately not the only crabby one. I've been crabby for the past week. We can't go on our honeymoon. It all started with not being able to afford to drive to Orlando, get the car fixed, buy groceries while we're down there, and go where we want to go while down there. So, we decided not to go. Then, his boss tells him if he's not going, he can't have that week off because boss's son wants it. GRR. I hate family businesses. So, we were going to take extra time off the week of friend's wedding (about a week and a half later) and trade in to a condo where their wedding is. Well, all condos are sold out. So we're stuck either paying for a hotel for four nights in the Outer Banks or just going down those three days, and then going on vacation another week. Mike says he can't wait that long or he's going to explode. He's really unhappy at work right now and just needs to get away fro a while. I told him we might not have a choice but to wait until like the first week of september. Now we really don't know what we're going to do. Sorry about the journal entry ladies. I needed to vent to someone BIG time.
  • The weather. I hate this year's weather! I hope it rains and rains and rains this summer so next July will be BEAUTIFUL!!!! It's been like monsoon season here in the north east! Today's forecast is looking much better so I'm feeling the crabbiness go away :)
  • Sugar - I know it stinks living with the rents but it will all be worth it once you and your FI get a place of your own. I lived with my parents for 30 years, and although it was annoying not having my own space, it's because they gave me the opportunity to save that my FI and were able to get a place of our own. You are almost there, just hang in! Everyone keeps saying that the next year will fly by for all of us July 2010 brides, so count on that! Kristen, I hear ya about the weather... I'm in NY and I feel like it NEVER STOPS RAINING!!!! We are leavinng for FL tomorrow, sunshine here I come! Sparkles - think positive, you never know what might drop in your lap! A lot of cruise lines have dirt cheap prices if you book the week of, you should check in to that. Lynde I hope your hand feels better, ouchie :( I'm not really crabby, but very nervous. I am going to Disney tomorrow with FI, my son, FI's 3 sons & FILs and I hate flying! It's bad enough when I have to do it alone, but with 4 kids I am super nervous. I have never flown with my son before and I am afraid I am going to really freak him out - I don't want to make him scared. I hope I don't panic - wish me luck!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sparkles - That sucks!  I hope something works out for you guys!Kristen - Ditto on the weather, hopefully none of us will have to deal with rain issues next year!Scooby - Good luck with the flight - FI gets very nervous when flying too.  Just think, Disney will be totally worth it! :)  *vibes for stress-free travels!*Another vent: I know it's dumb, but I get really annoyed when people DD.  Especially when they post asking for advice. 
    Anniversary
  • I want to vent about a few things:1. there's a 40% chance of rain on Sunday which is the day we're getting our e-pics taken. Hopefully we can find some really nice indoor locations because we can't reschedule. Our photogs are only in town Sun-Mon and are in a conference all day on Mon.2. like Lynd, I have eczema and for whatever reason it's really bad this year. Like wicked gross on my legs. I have some steroid cream I've been using for the last week but it's not any better and my legs look gross. Can't get into the derm. until Sept.3. I got this 24 heart monitor put on yesterday afternoon and the tape is driving me nuts! Most of the nodes happen to be right around the bra area so it's annoying. Plus, trying to find a shirt that covers up all the tape and wires is annoying.4. Worst of all, FI just called and told me that his paycheck got messed up. He's missing about $400 from his check and he got benefits taken out when he wasn't supposed to. And we have to pay rent in 2 days.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• *Great weather vibes for Sunday* (or at least until you're done your pics)That really sucks about FI's paycheck.  Is there any way he can get reimbursed, or does he have to wait until the next pay date?  When I was subbing they messed up my pay and I only got paid half of what I should...it was totally their fault and the response I got was "Well, sorry you just have to wait 2 weeks."  Um, ok, but my bills can't wait 2 weeks.  Hope everything gets straightened out! 
    Anniversary
  • my boss gave me 4 documents that i have to merge, and each document has a billion cells and some on the other docs match and some dont. and half of the people didnt highlight what rows/cells they made changes to so im having the hardest time figuring it out!he gave it to me like 2 hours ago and its due at the end of the. its going to take me FOREVER.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Karen - I don't know what the deal is on FI's check. Our looked at our bank account and it has the full amount as a pending deposit so we'll see if the whole amount goes in or just the part that showed up on his check. So weird. When he went to the payroll office to straighten it out, the guy was out to lunch that he needed to talk to but one of the ladies in the office was like "oh, well like you really need the money" Actually, YES WE DO!! So shut your mouth and assume things. UGH! The nerve of some people!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Sending good vibes your way for great weather on Sunday - and just remember, there is still a 60% chance that it wont rain! That does suck about the paycheck, but hopefully the whole amount will be in your direct deposit - maybe they just screwed up his stub. Positive thoughts!!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So after going to the caterer (who is fairly inexpencive compared to others we've met with and researched), we discovered that it takes a lot of money to get married! >.< I'm thinking the style we're having of a back yard b-b-q may end up being what we have just to stay under budget!I too am sick of living at home with my parents. My mom is unemployed so (espcially durring the summer when I'm not working) we spend 24/7 together and we eventually get on each other's nerves!Vibes for everyone to have a great day tomorrow and a great weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

52 Invited image 34 accepts image 16 Declined image 3 +1's not yet replied image RSVP Date- June 26

"Art heals by accepting the pain and doing something with it." Unknown
    "Why, I don't want to be treated as an equal [to men] I want to be treated much better!" Blanche on equality (from Golden Girls)
    "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Picasso
    Our wedding web site
  • I have another vent now: my boss wants everything shipped FED EX, which means I spend hours writing in addresses when I could just print out a label and put in on the envelope. My hand hurts so bad!
  • My stress level is through the roof today!!! I live in Ohio and it has rained a ton this month.....now i'm stressing it will rain like this next July, and my ceremony is outside!Also, I'm taking online classes and I am falling behind! (I'm obsesed with doing wedding stuff instead)...... so then my friends are like "how are you behind" "you have  a year until the wedding"...Apparently they don't know things book up quick and need to be confirmed now!
  • Im still with my parents and it sucks! My dad has been the biggest jerk to everyone lately even my mom so my sister and I have stayed away as much as we can! I hope that once I finally get a second job we can start looking at houses and maybe move myself in before the wedding!.....And on a whole nother subject im sitting at work today(i work at a local mall inside of the food court)and next to the stand i work at are tables for people to eat at. Im aloud to take break whenever I want and for as long as I want as long as im still watching the cart and helping the customers. So im sitting with a "friend" who works at a cart next to mine when we see a young over weight boy. He starts talking about the boy and how bad it is to be fat and even making fun of him so I defend the boy saying he is young and so its not his fault but more the parents, since they are the ones in control of what he eats. He tryed to argue this with me and in the end calls ME fat!!! THEN still trys to act like everything is ok and I should not be upset or anything! So now im sitting here angry and thank god his shift is now over because im jsut to angry to talk to him now.....uh i just dont understand people like him who have no filter and think its ok to make fun of people none stop even the ones who are your "friends"
  • My vent for the day! I don't know if anyone else looks at the Trash to Treasure board but I love it! I think it's a great way for brides to get some money back for the items they'll never use again and for future brides to find great bargains. Well I may have changed my mind. I purchased some organza from another bride a few weeks ago and I still have yet to see it! I have tried emailing her the past three days and I've heard nothing back from her. And when I purchased the item I specifically asked that she let me know when it was being shipped so I would know when to expect it. So I have either been scammed or have purchased an item from the slowest person ever!! Ughhh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards