Washington-Seattle
Options

VENT bridemaid-sry really long!

Oh so some history! I asked my bridesmaid back in september of last year to be in my wedding. So she has had a whole year to get prepared for this wedding. Well as the planning had been under way she tells me she has so money to pay for anything (although she is really upset at the same time she isnt my maid of honor) She also told me 4 months ago that she was finally excited for my wedding...I said you havent been this whole time and she said no "its kind of been all about you' Are you KIDDING me! So she has had a year to save 200 dollars which is how much everything the dress and shoes will be etc. She paid but the whole time kicking and screaming! Now today we went to buy shoes and she tells us she cant come to the shower and is pissed the other girls arent letter he help as much with the planning! (although she has no money to fork out for it!) Then we went to lunch and after she previously told me she had the weddng days off she told me today that she has to work the day of the rehearsal and the day of the wedding!!! Are you kidding me! You have had a year to get these days off and you still havent and now you cant! This is ridiculous! (I said could you imagine if you were my maid of honor I wouldnt have any wedding festivities) Then she starts bad mouthing my maid of honor who I have known since I was born. Ok listen here lady I am not putting up with this! Sorry about the vent just really pissed! I dont know why it took a situation like this to see she was not a really good friend! This is only a taste of the crap she has put me threw! VENT OVER thanks ladies!

Re: VENT bridemaid-sry really long!

• Options
    keithnjuliekeithnjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no words for you - I would be so upset and frustrated - its hurtful and wrong and something you should so NOT be dealing with right now. So is she officially out of the wedding now? Since she's working that day and all....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is it with people??!?!  I'm really sorry you're going through all this.  A good friend just told me this: you cannot help who buys tickets to the show of your life, but you CAN control who gets to come backstage.  Now you need some backstage security! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I had some issues with getting my MOH on board but now she seems to be all for it. I just hope that everything works out for you.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    rollenburollenbu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...some people...she'd be out of my wedding party..
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah ditto to all the above..."let her out" of the wedding but not backstage...she obviously has some jealousy and other issues she needs to work  on, on her own...yikes...sooo sorry you have to deal with this :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow....what an awesome "friend." I'm so sorry you have to deal with her and all the shiat she's bringing you. Like I say, weddings seem to either solidify or break relationships. At least you know now vs. like a week beforehand. I think it's a load of crock she says she has to work on both days, especially day of, when you're still a month and a half out. Time to cut her loose. Let her not come. And I like the analogy of not letting her backstage anymore.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With friends like that who needs enemies. She has known for a year of your wedding and could have saved up enough in that time frame. Sorry that you this so called friend is running a drama on you. You should just ask her what is going on with her and why she is responding this way. Has far has she now doesn't have the day off of your wedding is it to late now for her to put in that request? Is she trying to get out of your wedding I would just be straight foward on these issues and find out if she is going to request the day off and if she still plans on being in the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards