Gothic Weddings

Regrets?

I was writing in a post below to CM and she mentioned she was jealous of all the Halloween brides. I'm a little jealous of that too. We are doing a Corpse Bride inspired wedding, but looking at my paper, I realize it's not as "dark" as I would've liked. The STDs, invites & photosharing cards all have branches on them (like the woods in Corpse Bride) and the pebbles we're using for the guest book and decor are like the cobblestone through out the movie. But I sit here kicking myself for not making it more "demonic" (J's words, not mine). So do any of you have any regrets during your planning process?

Re: Regrets?

• Here you go: I woulda gone all out on the 'Day of the Dead' theme but our families are super traditional and what we're doing is already like whoaaa way out there for them. Overall I think the results will be great though. 
  • I wish that I had a better idea in the beginning of what I wanted. Initially, FI and I planned to elope until I realized how important it was for me to have my family there. Very often I wish that we were getting married locally so that I could really get into the decorations and such, but we're not and there's not a lot of point to decorating when no one is going to be there. I'm looking forward to our anniversaries. I also started out with more of a fall feel, and I began to hate it, so I've changed it to Halloween as much as possible without making it too cheesey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I even wish I would have done more gothic elements :( Everyone kind of seemed put off by my black BM dresses so.......I'm a little jealous of some of you guys ;)
  • I wish I could actually have our wedding on Halloween and not the day after...and I wish both sets of our parents hadn't been so insane about the guest list, so that we don't have as many friends there as we'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards