Not Engaged Yet

Cat is pissy with me.

My black cat (as seen in sig) has been really pissy with me the last few days, and my guess is because it's been hot. My apartment doesn't have any AC, and it's been in the upper 90s, with yesterday hitting around 103. He sprawls himself on the ground, only to get up 5 minutes later and act all huffy then plop himself down somewhere else. When I try to pet him, he gives me mean looks (with the occasional claw exposing threat), and walks away. He's a prissy little cat that has always lived with air conditioning, and I think it's funny.Tell me about your pets.

Re: Cat is pissy with me.

• fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my 2 year old min pin, Frankenstine (who we rescused about 3 months ago) just pooped on the floor! potty training advise, please!
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep him on a regular feeding schedule, take him out about 15 minutes after feeding, and then every 20 minutes thereafter, and if he potties go ecstatic and give him a treat. Don't punish the accidents, because then he'll just hide and poop somewhere you can't find him. That's the cliffnotes version.
  • edited December 2011
    I have 2 cats!As I type this, Etcetera (9 month old female) is perched on the ottoman, waiting for Pouncival (2 year old male) to make a move.... any move. And he knows it. So... he's sitting at the foot of the stairs, watching her. She's watching him. It's a kitty staring contest!And.... then he got tired of it and tried to walk into the kitchen... and she pounced on his head and he said "Rrreow" in his nicest "Little sisters suck" tone.They're adorable. Earlier they were both laying ON my lap.... both! And Pouncival weighs 13 pounds! When I'd move or make a sound, Pounce would look at me like "Shush, mom. It's naptime." Then Etcetera would wake up and start cleaning his face until they both fell asleep again.... her with her tongue still sticking out. She does that a lot.She also nurses on fuzzy blankets.They're both from the animal rescue I volunteer with. They're my furbabies and I love them more than anything! I think I've posted a pic before. Pouncival is an orange tabby, and Etcetera is a tabby/Siamese mix (you want to see some glares, you should see THOSE baby blues when she's unhappy).Pounce is an attention whore, he likes to pull apart his water fountain and get the floor all wet, then cry because he got water on himself. He's very talkative. Etcetera is pretty laid-back. Earlier today I picked her up like a baby and strolled around the apartment doing chores with her on my shoulder.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My cat is my animal alarm clock.  He's not very reliable though and he gives up easily.  Once every few minutes between 7 and 8 he swats me in the face or walks all over my back.  I love him though.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    My dog Cooper is great except when he eats his food too quickly. When he eats too much too fast or before he goes for a car ride he ends up puking. He's really smart about it though...on one car ride he actually threw-up into his food dish!
  • fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • rzeffirorzeffiro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents have a sheepdog...Turns out sheepdogs stay "puppies" for 4 yrs! He is a mess.First, he flunked obedience school. Next the woman voted "Best dog walker in Baltimore" threw her keys on the table and quit on the spot. eventually, they got him into doggy daycare, where he gets the exercise a working breed needs. Seriously, my Mom walks him several miles a day and he still needs more! He has finally passed remedial obedience training- hahaha!Good luck with your pet!
  • edited December 2011
    My 2 year old ferret Samus aka "Bandit" is a sneaky little bastard. I left some oreo cookies on the bed for a second & when i came back they were gone. Gone! A whole pack gone! Later I found them when I heard rustling in the closet & I found Samus stuck in the bag trying to claw her way out. It's funny b/c she's 'pear shaped' haha her bottom is so much bigger than her top & she couldn't squeeze out of the bag....how did she get in there i wonder.... Another food mystery solved!
  • edited December 2011
    We have two cats. Abbie (the BF had her before we started dating) and Lilly (we got her when I moved in with him). Abbie is totally suffering from "older sibling syndrome". She is not one to want to be petted - but if you are petting Lilly, she will come over, act likes she wants to be pet, and make Lilly jump off of our laps - and then walk away after Lilly leaves.And they stalk each other. It's so funny to watch them (much like pp, they have staring contests). Or one will be hiding against the corner of the wall, and the other will come down the hall way and sense the other is behind the wall - and just stop. And they stay like that for minutes!And Lilly is so dumb it's hilarious. We have a tiny soccer ball that's cloth - and she gets her claws stuck in it when she's playing with it, and will sit ther flinging her paw around until it flies off.
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hisgoldeneyeshisgoldeneyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a 3 lb two almost three year old chihuahua named Tinky (my BF's 5 year old sister at the time named her).  She is feisty like all chihuahuas lol, but she's super sweet with us.  She cannot stand her tail.  She absolutely loaths it.  If you've seen dogs running in circles you've seen my dog but just add continueous growling lol.  You can't even touch it she goes beserk.Also she is suuuuper obsessed with getting kisses and attention from us. I swear she could spend all day getting kisses.  If we're on the couch or on the bed or anywhere even standing up, and she is on us, if we try to kiss each other she gets super mad.  She tries to get inbetween our faces to recieve the kisses or she tries to take bites at me or him to get away from each other.  Lol its pretty funny but annoying sometimes.  Lol oh I almost forgot.  For some reason whenever we have company over if someone tries to go to the bathroom, Tinky will try to go in with them.  If they manage to close the door before she gets there she starts growling at the door and barking. She's so weird...Lol but I love her so much! =)
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting a puppy sometime after our roommate moves out. He hates dogs so we've been waiting. (Current argument, he thinks that raising a kid is easier and less responsibility than a dog.. "because after awhile kids can just look after themselves." Ridiculous.) Anyways.. I really want a siberian husky but we've also been looking at chocolate lab pups.Panda.. it sounds like you must live near me with the 103 yesterday. I live near Seattle. And this weather is unheard of.
  • edited December 2011
    Tifff my mom says the same thing about dogs, ha!  Her line is "people will look after your baby but not your dog."
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    My bf laughs when I tell him that the cat is in a bad mood.  I swear she gets a look on her face when she is unhappy about something LOL.  I don't have A/C either, except in the bedroom.  I noticed she always sleeps near the toliet in the summer because it's cool. 
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Goldlie- Cats DEFINITELY know how to give looks when they're in a bad mood.tiff- yeah, I'm in Seattle too.
  • mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bowl dog farts the smelliest farts when he sleeps :(
  • edited December 2011
    What is a bowl dog and can I have one?

My Blog

• mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To make a bowl dog, first you must find a puppy that is naturally fat and lethargic. I'm not talking about a dog with diabetes, just a regular fat puppy with puppy fat.Then get a bowl.Put puppy in the bowl and voila! BOWL DOG.The fatter and sleepier the puppy, the more they enjoy the comforts of the bowl. Enjoy.[img]<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3574392539_f47f86fcf8.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3574392539_f47f86fcf8.jpg</a>[/img]
  • edited December 2011
    BF and I have sister cats. His cat is Jazz, my cat is Indie. Yes, named after music genres. We're geeky like that.They do not live with each other, and when they visit one another, there is a deep, mutual hatred. Jazz likes to be independent, whereas Indie is a lap cat.Also, Indie has picked up this weird habit of pooping outside of her litter box that I cannot seem to break. It doesn't matter if the box is clean, dirty, upside down or right side up - poop on the floor. (And, when she is pissy, sometimes in horrible places - like my shoes.)
  • jlyn7jlyn7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a cat a few years back on the side of the road. I decided to bring him home, because I'm evidently a sucker for animals and this one looked particularly malnourished and sad. Turns out he's spawn of Satan. Anyway, his name is Puma. I opened the dishwasher last night, and Puma climbed inside. However, this wasn't nearly as interesting as the time i caught him straddling the toilet trying to drink out of it..
  • edited December 2011
    I have a little ball of fluff dog- he's a maltese/schnauzer mix- so he's this cute little white dog with crazy attitude: when i first got him, i had a cat (who sadly is no longer with me)- but my dog learned some bad habits: first- he thinks that counters are made for sammydog naps (he uses the cabinet doors to climb to the counters- or he jumps), he prefers to lay on the top of the couch behind people's heads to sitting on laps, and (my favorite) i had a hell of a time training him to go outside because he preferred the litter box!! (no longer having litter box has helped this) plus, he is too cute to be angry with for any amount of time!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we have a 6 year Lab/Shepard mix that thinks it's her job to attack anyone that comes in the house, so that's always fun.  Especially when it's our friends or something.  Any tips for getting the skittish out of her?  She doesn't trust hardly anyone, and is WAY over-protective of me all the time.  We think it must be the Shepard in her, but she's been like this for the past 4-5 years, ever since she got out of puppy stage.The other one is a 4 month Lab/Border Collie mix.  He is an animal alarm clock and does not fail, and does not give up.  We are crate training him, and he doesn't whine AT ALL at night, but will start whining at 7am (give or take 15 minutes) every morning, no matter when you put him in the crate.  It's...exhausting.  BF and I haven't slept in once in the past 2 months.  I thought he'd be over it by now, but he just keeps whining.  We don't let him out because I know that'll just encourage it, but it's getting more and more difficult to suffer through it as he gets older and louder.  Tips on this are good too.And whoever said this (maybe Tiff? Sorry...):  raising a kid is easier and less responsibility than a dog.. "because after awhile kids can just look after themselves." Ridiculous.I'm not saying I totally agree, because raising a kid is tough, but the person who told you this has a point.  My dogs will NEVER be able to feed themselves, let themselves out to use the restroom, take themselves to the doctor, etc.  They will never be able to be left alone for more than 10-12 hours without someone there to take care of them.  My goddaughter is not even a year old, and her parents had an easier time taking care of her on the 4th of July at BF's lakehouse than we did taking care of our two dogs and keeping them from running off into the neighbor's yard.  The love they get is worth it, but in some respects they are more difficult than kids, at least IMO.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    *The love they *give* is worth it.  Sorry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I am currently pet-less :-( But my dog growing up was a dachshund-schnauzer-poodle mix, and he was a cuddly little devil.  He would eat anything in sight. He once ate one of my socks and needed surgery to remove it.  He also ate several (i.e., 3 or more) pairs of pantyhose in his life.  Although those were, uh, painful for him, he didn't need surgery for those.  We tried so hard to keep these things away from him, but once it was in his mouth, he'd inhale it in 3 seconds flat. 
  • edited December 2011
    My cat brought in a GIANT rat last night. Luckily it was dead. Although the other 3 and 10 birds this season were not. Poor boyfriend has had to learn how to put them out of their misery.  We've bought a bell on his collar, but it does not seem to help.
  • traciecooktraciecook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yesterday morning my Shiba Inu and Yorkie-Poo caught a rabbit in our yard and decided to play with it, not kill it. All I heard were the strange squeaky noises then I realized it was a real animal and not a toy. When I tried to get the dogs inside they attempt to bring the alive rabbitt in the house! Not the best morning, but at least the rabbitt is still alive and hopefully knows better than to come back! For the person that needed potty training advice, I put bells on my door (I got them at a specialty dog store - but it was the best $20 I've spent). The dogs get used to hearing the bells when they go outside and eventually learn to hit the bells when they have to go outside.
  • edited December 2011
    Our new cat has started pooping outside of her litter box as well - and does it in the bathtub instead (the litter box is in the bathroom).And I used to live in nw washington... and now moved to Arizona - I do not envy you guys. I would take 110 degrees down here to 95 up there. Not fun!!
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have a kitty alarm clock. Only, the timing of it is not so reliable. Since Romeo sleeps all day, he often decides that 3:00, 4:30, and 5:45 are times that we should be out of bed, tending to his every need. I do not share this view.But I still love the whiny little brat, bless his furry heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards