Washington-Seattle

Wedding Invitations - POLL

So I'm trying to get out my invitations tomorrow but I am a flake and did not think about how to seal them... Are you guys licking your envelopes? (My FI said no jokingly bc I could die... Something Seinfeld?? No idea...)Using a sticker?Wax Seal?Can I get them somewhere local?? (Im in Burien but will go to the dreaded Southcenter if that means I can get this done...) I want to get something tonight.....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Invitations - POLL

• edited December 2011
    I just licked all of mine. I didn't have time or funds to find anything to close them with.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • rollenburollenbu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm leaning towards a sticker...seems more likely to stay on than a wax seal...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pulling double duty:1.) I use envelope seal stuff (you can get it at staples for cheap, I hate the taste of the glue.)2. Envelope seal on topYou can never be too careful with the postal system! :)
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you guys licking your envelopes? (My FI said no jokingly bc I could die... Something Seinfeld?? No idea...)looool you've never seen that episode?!I just licked them and I'm still alive :)
  • edited December 2011
    I ran a wet sponge on mine and then used the gold foil return address label at the 'peak' of it to make sure it dind't come undone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS  if you don't want to lick it, you can just use a damp sponge. PPS if it's a normal envelope, I doubt you need to do anything extra.
  • LMMH09LMMH09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done mine yet but I use a glue stick at work.  Works really well.
  • starie18starie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's - glue stick or damp sponge should do the trick
  • edited December 2011
    And if you don't have a sponge - use a washcloth.However you close them, I would highly recommend using a full-seal method (licking/wiping or glue stick). Wax seal or sticker is more decorative but I wouldn't trust the envelope with only one of those.(And it's a Seingfeld story arc - George is engaged, doesn't really want to marry her but can't get out of it, he's cheap and buys the cheapest envelopes possible for the invites, his FI licks them all and dies of 'glue poisoning' or an allergic reaction, not sure which.)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I used "Zotz" from JoAnne's Fabric. Little clear adhesive dots and an envelope seal/sticker thing. My pocket invite folds didn't have adhesive on the flap. It was a pain in the butt to do though. Use a sponge if you are lucky enough to have adhesive on the back.
  • teacherpigletteacherpiglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wet a Q-tip and sealed them that way.  Hate the taste of the glue.  That Seinfeld episode is a funny one....
  • edited December 2011
    a damp piece of paper towel swiped across the glue
  • edited December 2011
    I'll likely just seal ours.  Ditto a spong cut (when dry) into a more managable rectagular shape and damped to seal it.  I wouldn't lick that many.  Yelch.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards