Flowers
Options

artificial flowers

My bridal portraits are next week and i bought some pink roses from Hobby Lobby and i want to attempt to make a bouquet out of them. Can anyone tell me how because im not really sure how to start it. I bought the floral tape and some white ribbon to wrap the stems with. Just not sure how to put it all together. Anyone done this themselves? TIA!

Re: artificial flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty simple actually. I just made two of my four bridesmaids bouquets out of those true touch flowers from Hobby Lobby and plan on making my bouquet as well as the boutonnieres out of the same true touch flowers.I can't give you much detailed info, but if you have approximately 13 or more roses (depending if you have the rose buds or full roses you may need more or less than that...depends how big you want the bouquet), you will want to place them all in your hands and bend the ones on the outside to form more of a ball (if that's what you're going for). It's hard for me to explain, but just bend them so they aren't all facing up, with the exception of the ones that will have to be...Ok, so I'm probably  being no help. I can also say you will probably want to cut off all of the leaves before doing this, unless you want to leave some for the look...My bouquets weren't made out of roses, but I did attempt to make a rose bouquet (only to find it clashes with my bridesmaids bouquets) and it turned out pretty well by bending them into a circle and forming like a mound of flowers.Hope someone can help!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Googling "how to make a bouquet", I've seen how to videos on YouTube. This is for a fresh bouquet, but the same principle applies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards