DC
Options

**Incompletesara**

demiademia member
First Comment
I see that you bought your dress at a totally discounted price. Where did you buy it? I've fallen in love with a designer, but I'm trying to be realistic about my dress budget. Most copies I've seen don't have nearly the detail as the original. What are your thoughts?

Re: **Incompletesara**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually went against everyones advice (from The Knot)and went with a Chinese Ebay seller.  I honestly couldn't tell you which one, but I sent her multiple pictures of the dress that I liked, and when I got it in the mail 2 months later I was more than impressed!  The dress looks exactly like the one I tried on that I fell in love with, and the quality was incredible!  I paid $200 for it, and my seamstress that did the bustle said that she couldn't even purchase just the fabric for under $500!  Most people I've talked to (in person) that have done this also said that their dresses turned out amazing.  I think it's hit or miss, but I figured that if it turned out awful then I was only out $200 bucks, plus I paid with PayPal, so I'm sure I could have gotten my money back if I needed to.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    demiademia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I read great reviews on other websites, but it's good to hear it directly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards