Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where did you go/are you going on your honeymoon?

Yes I know there is a honeymoon board, but I like E more. We are just starting to look into honeymoon spots and would love to hear where you went or are going once you are married :)

Re: Where did you go/are you going on your honeymoon?

• We went to Italy- Rome, Venice, Florence. It was perfect.

•  Canadian Rockies....going in a few weeks.  Had to wait until school year was over. We're not really beach people.  We can't wait. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big Island of Hawaii.  2 weeks from today!
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Japan for 2 weeks.  Can't wait!
  • We went to Paris & Normandy, France; Brugges, Belgium; Koln, Heidelburg, Schweinfurt, Munich, Berchdesgarten, and Garmish, Germany; Salsburg, Austria.  13 days.  LOTS of driving.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • We're going to Cincinnati for a few days after the wedding, but then the actual honeymoon trip a month later will be to San Francisco. I'm SO excited.
    Photobucket
  • We went 6 months after and went to Spain.  Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Sevilla, Cadiz and Tarifa.  13 nights and it was amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went to Vegas for a week, and had a ball.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Disney, its not our ideal plan, but it will work and he will be happy.  We are going 3 months after our wedding.
  • We went to Puerto Rico for 6 days as our "mini-honeymoon" and were supposed to go to Australia...but then I got laid off.  Oh well, we had an amazing time in PR!
  • A resort between Santa Fe and Albuquerque for a week.  It was beautiful, relaxing and perfect.
  • We're going to Monterey, CA, which I'm really looking forward to because it's going to be a cool(!!) beach - yay for getting away from icky SoCal weather - and we get to drive from SoCal to NorCal for the reception in my hometown on 1 as opposed to 5, which is dull and boring and has cows (and while I love cows, CA cows depress me).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We went to Costa Rica. Spent a week Guanacaste out on the ocean, about a half hour from Liberia. I'm not sure what the weather is like in May though. We went the first week of December and the weather was perfect.

The knot has an article floating around somewhere that's best honeymoon weather by wedding month. That's how we narrowed down our choices.
  • We didnt do a honeymoon, but we wanted to go to Ireland. In the end, savings for a house trumped a vacation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • we want to go to Paris and Nice, France, we will se we haven't bought our tickets yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We took a cruise from Boston to Bermuda.  It was really relaxing and Bermuda is gorgeous.
  • roatan. it was awesome. we did dophin swimming and zip lining and a lot of lazing about. loved it there.
  • We went to Disney. Dh was 35 and had never been, I hadn't been since I was 10. My bff also lives in Orlando so we got to spend time with her as well. Disney as an adult (with no kids in tow) was a total blast.
  • 7 days in Vegas...I'm getting more excited about it than the actual wedding. 
  • We're going to Austria & Slovenia (coast AND mountains!). we leave two days after the wedding. I wish there were a bit more time, but ticket prices were better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    We are planning Ireland next spring which would be several months after the wedding.  I can't wait to show off Galway to FI.  Hoping a trip where he can show off Greece is in the cards also.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • costa rica for two weeks. 
  • we are going to vegas for 4 days 5 nights. Thats all the time we have because i am in school and have class the day after we get back
  • LOVE Roatan. Where did you stay? We rented a house on a family trip, did you stay at a resort/ hotel?
  • We're leaving for Napa two days after our wedding and spending 4 nights at a B&B. We're doing wine tasting, a hot air balloon ride, and dinner (or lunch) at French Laundry, with a lot of luck. I can't wait.

We were going to do a Napa mini-moon (2 or 3 nights), and then do an extended honeymoon to Paris next spring, but that's looking less and less likely. We might bump the Paris trip by a year.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Disneyland. We are having a Disney wedding and they give you a free night so we might as well take advantage of the deal and stay for a weekend before moving to his Post and then we will probably make a proper honeymoon later on down the line when it is available.

• edited June 2010
    We went to Vanuatu (island in the south-pacific). We didn't want to go too far from home as we'd already been the the US a couple of months earlier (we live in Australia) and Vanuatu was only a 3.5 hour plane trip from us. 
  • We're going to South Africa and Mozambique, for about 13 days all together. I need to figure out how to survive the plane ride over there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're waiting a few weeks after the wedding, so we can recoup before setting off! But we're heading to Vegas for a few days (staying at the Venetian!!!!) and then flying up to Santa Monica, California!
    Crosswalk
  • Riviera Maya, staying at the Secrets Maroma - which has AMAZING reviews on TripAdvisor! Can't wait!

We weren't ecstatic with going to Mexico, but we got a lot for our money there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards