Virginia
Options

Bulk flowers

Has anyone bought bulk fresh cut flowers in the VA Beach area?  My future mother-in-law will be making my bouquets etc.  I just need to find some place to purchase the flowers and such--she's not from the US and doesn't speak English or she would probably be able to help!  I'm using calla lilies and mini-calla lilies with some green filler.  I found both at Sam's club very reasonably priced except you have to buy 150 mini-calla lilies and I only need about 10!  I'm going to try just calling florist and asking for help but thought you all might have some ideas!  Thanks!   

Re: Bulk flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Norfolk Wholesale Florist?  I've never been, but I know they will sell you just the flowers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would avoid NWF like the plague. Expensive flowers.  Awful customer service.There is a place called Greenbrier Wholesale Flowers (or something like that) in Chesapeake.  We got a ton of flowers there for MIL's house when DH's family came in and they were wonderful to work with!   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sunflower - Was NWF really that horrible?  If so, then I'm really glad I didn't consider them.  I was turned off by their "consultation fees."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went in before I had decided on a florist (without an appointment) because I was just curious as to how the process worked.  I had never been in a wholesale flower market before.  There were 4 women in there (this was mid-week - not even a busy weekend), clearly doing nothing - just standing there chatting.  Not a single person greeted me, approached me or asked what they could help me with.  After feeling as if I were encroaching on their personal conversation, one of the women told me that I HAD to make an appointment to discuss wedding flowers and that each appointment cost a "consultation fee."  I was so upset at their cold attitude that I told them so, and left.Haven't been back since and would not recommend them to anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, sunflower!  Now I know not to go there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also try www.fiftyflowers.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards