Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Secrets Maroma Beach, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Has anyone stayed at the Secrets Maroma Beach?  Experience?

Re: Secrets Maroma Beach, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

• Options
    spectacular beach-but not in playa del carmen. it's about 30 minutes north of playa.

• Options
    hrchichrchic member
    First Comment
    We honeymooned at Secrets Maroma from May 31 - June 7th.  Absolutely LOVED it!  Detailed review in my married bio.  HTH!
  • Options
    I have stayed there and absolutely love Secrets Maroma Beach. The beach is amazing there, but aside from that there is more to love. The service is great with pool and beachside waiter service. The resort has a Spa by Pevonia that offers outdoor and indoor treatments, Jacuzzis, state-of-the-art fitness center, open-air theatre and premium cocktails. The also have tons of activities including sailing, windsurfing, water aerobics, kayaks and snorkeling. Lastly the food is great in the seven delicious restaurants and 24-hour room service. I hope you enjoy your vacation!
  • Options
    I was thinking about Secrets Maroma as well. The only thing that worries me is some of the reviews on Trip Advisor talk about the grounds being very barren and gross  - "the view of the grounds from outside our window looked like a hurricane had just swept the property".Is there any truth to that?
  • Options
    I read the trip advisor reports too.  I heard the grounds were bad and saw the pictures.  Not good!  However i think those palms and greens were newly planted.  I'm hoping by next June when I go it grows in a little better.  What about all the reviews on the ac not working so well?
  • Options
    hrchichrchic member
    First Comment
    The grounds are new (the resort only opened in Aug '08).  I wouldn't say they are gross, they just haven't grown in yet.  Honestly, the resort is beautiful and I didn't care about the grounds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards