Florida-Central Florida

Place for a cookout?

The evening before our wedding we are trying to plan something nice (yet inexpensive) for our guests, and have come up with the idea of a cookout. But neither of us have a house/yard that we can use so we are looking for a park or outdoor area that we can use for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? Kraft Azalea came up in our discussions but I need to call today to see if they allow people to just go there and grill things. Any other ideas? TIA!

Re: Place for a cookout?

• edited December 2011
    Wekiva Springs State Park, but you can't reserve anything, so you'd have to have someone there early...
  • edited December 2011
    IMO Kraft Azalea isn't really a cookout kind of park. There is one in WP near a sinkhole by the civic center ( I can't remember the name) that would be better it has a pavillion. I like Alexia's idea of Wekiva or what about Turkey Lake?
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm, I've never been to either of those places,  I will  check them out. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Moss Park has pavillions
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most state parks you can hold a cookout in and they may even have a back-up location in case of rain that you can rent.... Just remember that you will have to pay to get into a state park if you just go on your own. Not sure what the cost is if you were to work with someone in the state park department or if that is even an option. Just something to keep on your radar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards