Flowers

Am I crazy?

Oops I originally posted this on the wrong board somehow!Right now I am not that happy with my current florist, nothing specific, they just dont do anything, they dont give me ideas, pictures, I just tell them what I want and they say okay. They give no suggestions and are very impersonal. Am I crazy to think about changing florists 5 weeks before the wedding? Or going the DIY route?

Re: Am I crazy?

• magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you give them any money?
    Spring Break 2013
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you willing to lose it?
    Spring Break 2013
  • jewelz4360jewelz4360 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave them 50 dollars...
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $50 is very little. if you aren't happy with them, definitely say goodbye to your $50 and find someone who can help you with your vision!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree $50 is very little. The crazy part is about it being only 40 days before the wedding!! I sent them an email today asking for suggestions and things. I just feel like I'm telling them what I want and they are nodding and saying okay. No pictures, no suggestions.......They are giving me everything I want per say but Im not the expert!! Then again they told me a dozen roses was the normal size for a bridal bouquet. Now I want 10 garden roses and 10 regular roses and no one can even give me an approximate size. Some say garden roses are big, some say they are the same size as regular....
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ASK if they have pictures of other wedding flowers they've done? Did you ask if they could make you a "mock up" of one of the bouquets? Keep in mind that if they don't seem excited about yoru flowers, it's probably because wedding bouquets/flowers are nothing new to them like they are to you. They have most likely done them hundreds of times, and once they have an idea of what you want, they just put them together. They don't need a lot of specifics to make nice flowers. They need to know the style you want, the colors, and if you want specific flowers. If you have a specific look in mind, take them a picture of it, and ask if they can do that.
  • amydshermanamydsherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before you cancel, call around other florists in your area, have a couple meetings - tell them you hate your florist and you want a new one and ask if they can do it in the short space of time. If they are free on your wedding date they really don't need that much time. The flowers are bought fresh and you will feel so much better. Think of the $50 as nothing compared to what it would cost you to have uninspired or bad floral arrangements at your wedding. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!! Just be practical and see if you can find someone else. Start looking now!!! Good Luck :-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for your replies! I decided today that I am going to do the flowers myself. Scary yes....but I'm going to practice this weekend, I only need to make the bouquets, corsagse and bouts. The ceremony flowers are really easy and is basically just putting flowers in 6 vases of coffee beans for the aisle decor. The centerpeices have subermerged silk flowers so i've already got those almost done! I am much happier this way, I will get way more of the flowers i want for the money. I feel very relieved!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards