Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

Hello all, I've been lurking for a little while, & I thought I'd come out from the shadows and introduce myself... I'm 24, BF is 28, we've been together for 1.5 yrs now and happily living in sin for about 4 months. We're both professionals in the same field, met at work, which luckily worked out really well for us, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it! We have a 6 month old puppy who we both adore. Life is good... We've had "the talk" about marriage, I know he has a ring, and he keeps hinting at a surprise coming up.. We're going away next week to a family lake house for vacation, which could be a great time to ask, but now I'm trying my best to not get too excited - I need some "chill out!" responses to bring me back down to earth...(especially from those ladies who have been waiting for a little while longer than I) TIA!

Re: Happy Friday!

• edited December 2011
    OO OO I've been waiting longer!  Though by far not the longest in these parts.  :)Chill out!  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Haha.  I was with my FI for over 7 years before we got engaged (although we did start dating kind of young).  So "Chill Out" already. You know he has a ring, you've had the talk about marriage.  It'll happen.  Don't ruin it by having expectations during every special date. 
  • edited December 2011
    Haha too funny. I've been with mine 1.5 years and we're going to his family lake house in 2 weeks!  We've had several talks and last friday he called his mom and told her we're getting married. He tells me i'll be getting a big rock soon. I don't know he has the ring because i'm not allowed to have any say in the ring part of it... the anticipation is killing me! isn't it all u think about? I'm happy just being with him it's just the anticipation! So know that you aren't alone! Hope the lake brings you a proposal!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I had been dating for 4 & 1/2 years before he proposed. Relax...I didn't even get to the truly "waiting" point until we'd been dating around 3 years. If you think about the proposal before it happens it takes away some of the spark -sadly I know. Just fill your head with other thoughts so you are completely surprised.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks. I'm worried I'm A - going to be disappointed if it doesn't happen, and B - I'm going to be waiting for it so much it'll ruin the "surprise" element. I never thought I'd be so excited to get engaged, (I was one of those chronically single girls in college) but I guess you meet the right person and all that goes out the window... I'm trying to focus on working on my tan next week.
  • edited December 2011
    Same here. I never thought i'd be waiting so impatiently. Just never knew i'd be this happy with someone.. that's why i'm so impatient! if it doesn't happen.. i'll happen in a better way! Will his family be there?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, his family will be there all week. We're both pretty low key people, so I don't really want champagne and fireworks - really something at home would be perfect. I'd like to be caught off guard, which is why I need to stop obsessing! Someone posted earlier this week they were proposed to while half asleep in bed. I think that's adorable. Okay, I'm making myself go run errands and focus on other things. GL to you kelkel, and I recommend not obsessing too!
  • Jerzeygrl329Jerzeygrl329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and the FI were together 4 1/2 years before he proposed a few days ago.  I have to say I didn't start getting too anxious until the three year mark as well.  I'm sure age has something to do with that because I just turned 25 so anything before the three year mark would have been way too young for me (not to say it's not right for others).  So my advice ~Chill~ .  You can get yourself crazy thinking about it, it will come when you least expect it, just enjoy what you have and find something else to focus on to try and distract you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashleigh8Ashleigh8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome :) It will happen.. when you least expect it.  I knew it was coming and STILL utterly shocked when it did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards