Washington-Seattle

Gift question...

I was just wondering what you guys are doing (or IF you're doing) for a gift for FI, FI's parents, and your parents.  :)I'm bored and I'm sitting on the deck in the shade...it's MUCH cooler outside that it is inside.  I have nothing else to do right now but think about random wedding stuff.  :)

Re: Gift question...

• edited December 2011
    DH and I didn't do gifts. So I guess I'm no help. MIL and my mom both thought giving gifts to the parents was strange. Our families weren't trading us for goats or cattle or anything. Haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting FI a very nice watch and we're giving all the parents digital photo frames (and later digital wedding photos to go in them)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got DH Johnnie Walker cufflinks, but gave them to him before the day of the wedding - I also got my parents gifts since they helped so much with the wedding - I got each of them an embrodiered handkerchief with MOB and FOB and our wedding date and they came with a framed poem that was really sweet (there were several options to choose from) - I knew at least my dad would cry at the wedding so the gift was fitting - we'll also be getting each of our parents albums with wedding pics.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • edited December 2011
    Iam getting my FI a snowcat skiing trip with his friends. It's sort of a once in a lifetime thing and I he would never have splurged for it on his own. He's a huge ski bum. We are planning on getting our parents albums after the wedding as a gift.
  • amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    parent albums for both sets of parents...I am planning on boudoir (sp?) photos for my FI-big secret of course...we'll see if that happens but i'm really gonna try ;)....not sure what's all tell the rents though?
  • edited December 2011
    I bought Shawn a Fender guitar and my father a very nice watch. My Mum is going to be hard, and the money is getting tighter. I was thinking after the wedding I would get one of the pictures of us together blown up and matte and frame it nicely and present her with it after the honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    Possibly a sports watch from his fav team for FI, and photo books for both sets of parents with baby pics from both of us and engagement photos.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read somewhere (coulda been on here, coulda been a mag or book - it all blurs together now) about hand-writing writing on nice stationery a letter to each parent, putting it in a nice matching envelope and giving it to them them morning of your ceremony.  I actually think our family would appreciate that more than a thing that they really could just as easily get themselves.That doesn't mean that if I find someting cool on Etsy I won't get it, but I think I'll do the letters for sure.  :)Carrie
  • edited December 2011
    I am probably going to do parent albums or make them myself via what Zista did with her engagement guest book. She has notes in her blog about it if you want to go look.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards