Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Making wine?

My dad is going to take an interest in making wine. I was thinking of getting a book or something to help him get started as he has a ton of research to do. Any recommendations?

Re: Making wine?

• edited December 2011
    We started brewing our own beer a while back. There is a store in Montgomeryville (keystone supplies or something like that) I would give them a try-they were great resources for us when we were starting up. Hth
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My Uncle recently made his own wine & it was delicious! I can shoot him an email & find out how he went about it for you.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My grandfather and I used to make it all the time from blackberries he grew in his garden. He had this huge press, a fermentator (wow don't even know how to say that word let alone spell it), and it took a bit. No help on the rec's for books, but it always tastes better home made.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS Val, T - 8 days untill puppy day, however I have read they need to be 6 months to partake in doggy park. A doggy play date may need to be arranged before then, but after her shots. That date = TBD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards