Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Vent... (long)

Ok my mother is driving me UP A WALL. I told her MONTHS ago that I was going to have bridal pics / b-pics in August. She was fine with it... didn't think it was too expensive... thought it was cute. Then I started telling her about the packages yesterday, and she apparently completely forgot I was doing it. I explained to her that its not just "nudie pictures" (her words)... that I was going to take several bridal pics in my dress, and a few photos just for FI as a wedding present. Then she said fine, she would have to talk to my dad to make sure he was okay with the expense. Whatever, fine. We don't even have a real wedding budget so why all the sudden she cares about money is beyond me. I called her this morning and said that I would do the less expensive package. And she said: "Thats fine, as long as you explain it to your father". UM... NO. Sorry, I am not explaining to my father that I am taking B-Pics for my FI. NOT gonna happen. So she was all "you want ME to explain it?" and I was like "no... dont "explain:" anything! I am taking bridal pics, the end." Thats why I am doing BOTH in one - so nobody knows that I am doing them. UGH!!! I am already nervous enough about the entire thing, now I am considering cancelling everything. I have been so excited about doing them because it is something FI will love and is sooooooooo out of my comfort zone... and now I just feel all guilty and strange about it. :-( BOO! ok, vent over. thanks for listening :-)

Re: Vent... (long)

• Options
    Is it a possiblity to pay for these on your own? This way you don't have to explain anything, and not feel weird/guilty about it. I am not sure if they are super expensive - but it might be the way to go?
  • Options
    In retrospect I would've just told her that you were getting bridal pics done and not mentioned the "nudie" part =) But now that she knows and wants you to explain it to your dad (seriously?) I would suggest paying for it yourself if possible otherwise just tell her you've decided to get just the bridal pics then do the b-pics part w/o telling her. A little white lie can go a long way to smooth over the situation....does that make me a bad person? =P Just make sure when you show her the pics there aren't any b-pics in there =) HTH!
  • Options
    I understand your frustration since she originally said it was ok but to be completely honest, I think it's a little wierd for your father to pay for your b-pics.  Not to mention they are (as you said) a wedding gift for your FI from you.  With that being said, if you still want your parents to pay for them can you just tell your father about the bridal photo part?
  • Options
    Yeah left this part out: I am splitting it with her, and paying for the actual book I will be giving FI of the b-pics! She said she would split it with me because I am doing bridals also, and that she would pay for the "bridal pics" part of it. My mom and I share everything so I didn't think it was too weird to tell her about the b pics, until now. haha... lol kind of an important detail for me to leave out... ha
  • Options
    That is good clarity, I thought it was strange too, lol.  I am with ya though, I hate having to explain everything, I appreciate them paying but hate that part-and because of that have ended up paying for most things so far just because..!  Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In that case I would just tell your dad that you're having bridal pics done (since that's all they're paying for) he doesn't need to know about the b-pics since you're taking care of the money for that.
  • Options
    I agree...your dad doesn't need to know about them if you're paying for them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards