Wedding Woes

I meant to share this earlier

singing for FI @ Reception..... NO CLUE what to sing From: snj2009 Date: 7/30/2009 at 5:34 PM I wanted to sing a song for FI@ our reception, but don't have a clue as to what to sing for him. He loves when I sing and its rare when I do, so I thouhgt I'd surprise him. I do have a very nice voice - not to be overly boastful but I spent 8 years training at the Eastman School of Music earning my masters in vocal performance and music education. I'm going to have a 5 piece live orchestra for my ceremony music, and for cocktail /dinner hour music. It will include a violin, viola, cello, piano and trumpter. (I've played trupet for 20 years.... and a good friend of mine, Mr. Joey Pero for those of you who are in tune with the jazz music world, I couldn't imagine my wedding without a live trumpet player) anyway... have any of you had an orchestra or are having one @ your recpetion or ceremony with a singer singing a song for your FI? If so, what are you hang them sing? What are your suggestions? Thanks for your help ladies.... I'm stumped!
"I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
Photobucket

Re: I meant to share this earlier

• L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to be overly boastful, but I'm the most amazing person ever. Is that like "well bless her heart" for when you're talking about yourself?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completly understand and can relate to this post.  I sang for my FI at my reception as well.  I had Tito Puente as back up.  We sang "D!ck in a Box."  It was a tremendous hit and I highly recommend the experience.
  • edited December 2011
    L, my eyes rolled into my wastebasket.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    She is an idiot if it took 8 years to get a Master's degree.
  • edited December 2011
    MinM, that too.
    Photobucket
  • L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My real question is - if she's got so much dang training how can she not come up with a cheesy love song? Because you know she's not going to pick something that isn't the sappiest thing in the world, bless her heart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He loves when I sing and its rare when I doo rly.  i bet she's one of those people who sing all thedamn time, just so people will casually ask her, "oh, do you sing professionally" and she can be demure and say, "well, not to be overly boastful ... "
  • edited December 2011
    If she has all this training then why is it so rare that she sings?
  • edited December 2011
    Best part about all of this? She's an administrative assistant.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I played the sousaphone in HS. I asked John Phillip to perform at my wedding.
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    My eyes rolled out, the dogs thought they were toys, and now I'm sitting here with empty sockets. Terarded.
  • E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she's so "in tune" with the jazz music world, she can just open up a Real Book and point to any number of sappy standards.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    8 years total to end up with your bachelor's and master's in VP is not strange - the VP program at my college was a minimum of 5 years. If you did summer sessions, you might have your BA in 4, but it wasn't likely or encouraged. But why can't she just say, "I have a master's in VP" or "I was professionally trained"? What a biatch.
  • edited December 2011
    8 years bach and master's does make sense. MS alone, she took the short bus to school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards