Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Long Engagements: Love or Hate?

2»

Re: Long Engagements: Love or Hate?

• edited December 2011
    Once we finally tie the knot we will have been engaged for 3 years. I wanted a 1 year engagement, which would have given me plenty of time to plan, but not too much time. The only reason we've had to wait so long is the Army likes to screw around with schedules, and we decided it would be easier to wait until he deploys, comes home, and gets out of the Army than try to plan while he is still active. As far as our relationship goes, I know it was the right decision, since it has brought us closer together emotionally, even though we have been seperated since before we got engaged, and has made us appreciate what we have even more. A shorter engagement would also have helped with my natural tendency to procrastinate.... it's hard to break that, since I didn't have a date until 2 mos ago!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ours will be 13 almost 14 months.  Time is going by fast (only 5 more months) but it seems like it's dragging.  I wish we would have eloped last year on our date even though that would have meant an almost 2 month engagement.If the date wasn't so important to us then I would have had a much shorter engagement looking back.  I'm just ready to be married and be over the "wedding" and crap that comes along with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards