African American Weddings

NWR: About those test...

My pastor and brother always tell me that God is testing you so that he can place you in the right place at the right time. I just graduated, I thought I was done with test. Ladies I appreciate the prayers and well-wishes. No matter what the circumstance, you all do your best to help a fellow knottie (AAW or not). I think that says a lot about your character especially because you are doing it "by faith and not by sight." Ladies, you have made some amazing marks on people's hearts. You have encouraged, uplifted, and motivated each other. You are an amazing group. Don't get me wrong, we have our catfights, our fits, and misunderstandings, but when there is an issue more important, we come together. That is what family does. I hope that you have a wonderful Friday because it is Friday. Once again, thank you for all of the prayers and I will keep you updated.

Re: NWR: About those test...

• edited December 2011
    awww *sniffling*   I was just about to IM you, did you see this contest that Mycicy posted.  I thought you would kill it..but its due today I think...http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/07/30/giveaway-by-sarah-drake/
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and i said a prayer for FI after we chatted last night :-)
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did see it. I am trying to get my "real work" out of the way so that I can attemp to write something. Weird because I was thinking of doing a poem for my invitations instead of formal wording. So, you know her post spoke to my heart.
  • blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's encouraging that in your troubling times you continue to encourage others. :)
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww...shucks, thanks blue.
  • aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AK- you have a heart of gold.
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks Aquarius.
  • edited December 2011
    Ak - I am a firm believer in karma.  U have put so much good out there it has no choice but to come back to you ten fold.  So remember regardless of your situation at hand, it is temporary cause trouble dont last long.  Everyone you have helped should be more than willing to hold to you up while you work thru it.  Take care of yourself and Al.
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ishawnamc- you and me both. thank you for the kind words.
  • edited December 2011
    awww, ak you never seem to amaze me with how thoughtful you can be even when you are going through something yourself!...Al is truly a lucky man and your family support system is truly awesome...you both are still in my prayers...have a great Friday!!  :)
  • ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww...afl-my friday is going great because even though i am not a big pork person, i got bacon with the rind on it. you cannot not like bacon with the rind on it (LOL) hope your day is going well also.
  • edited December 2011
    I am always the late one and I was sleep when you posted this but you are a wonderful woman and God blesses those that are real. You and Al will continue to be in my prayers. I love you my sistah and you stay strong for your man. I am always an email or phone call away if you need me. God bless.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards