Wedding Woes

whine

dh and i have a fabulous sunday planned, with a day trip and brunch at a fabulous restaurant (that is NOT picadilly).  dh wants to be all secret about it because we're going to a place that we normally go with friends.i hate that we have to feel like we are hiding this trip because it's possible our friends will be hurt that we didn't invite them.  we should be allowed to go wherever without having to hide it, like we are secret lovers or something.this is also a major reason why depressed friend ruth was driving me crazy.  "you went to the movies?  why didn't you invite me?  i HATE you."  why can't people just be okay with what i want to do and not make it all about them?  yes, i realize that i am making a big deal over nothing and that i am being pre-emptively hateful.

Re: whine

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pssstttt---you're MARRIED.That should be enough reason.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, this is actually about me.  dh and i normally love hanging out with our friends, and we don't discriminate among the single and the marrieds.  but sometimes we just want to do couple things, and i hate feeling like we have to hide it.
  • edited December 2011
    Just because you go to a place with friends some times, doesn't mean you have to go with them ALL THE TIME. Tell Ruth if she goes to the movies without you, they will still play the film and sell her some popcorn.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i don't talk to ruth anymore.  not after she some of the things she said, and how we are all plotting against her.
  • edited December 2011
     "you went to the movies? why didn't you invite me? i HATE you." ^Are you sure her name isn't Nicole? Because she sounds like BFF when I go off and do something without her.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    How was Piccadilly?
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call it a date. Or just say you were doing boring married people stuff. That should confuse them sufficiently.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    we haven't gone yet!  dh and i are trying to schedule a nice day to go.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, yeah. That is bizarre.  I can't imagine getting upset because my friends wanted to do something without me every once in a while, whether that's with other friends or just alone.

• edited December 2011
    Everyone plotting against her = paranoid schizophrenic.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Dude, are your friends fifteen? B/c that just sounds silly. If I found out, I'd probably say something like, Oh BOO! I LOVE going there with you guys. But that wouldn't mean OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT ME AT HOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! B/c that is what my dogs say. Are you sure your hubby isn't just weird? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards