African American Weddings

Send Off?

Long time, no post...I know...Question, Ladies...any ideas about a send off from the reception?  My girlfriend just got married over the weekend and they did sparklers and a HOT vintage bently (very very HOT and the pictures are FANTASTIC!)I did not think about a send off until I saw what she did, but now I feel like I cannot do it...any suggestions?  what are you guys doing/did?
Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Send Off?

• edited December 2011
    remember the send off is an expression of the couples combined personality...with that in mind, here are some suggestions that could help you decide what's the coolest & expressive way to leave in style: ribbon wands (see earlier post from another AAW bride)birdseeds (toss birdseeds instead of rice)bubblesrose petalschampagne poppersconfettisilly string
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I was drawing a blank...like what else is there to do?...lol
  • edited December 2011
    This was one aspect of my wedding that I totally just forgot about but admired and thought about so much prior to planning but I just completely forgot.I am all for the sparklers...I had inquired about them but someone told me you can only get them around the 4th of July so that bombed me out. However I wish I had done it just for the sake of pictures. I really dont have any ideas for you (since I never thought it out pass the sparklers )but I wanted to say good luck and if you can do this, this rock it out. It will be such a great moment and great for pictures as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a bit confused.... Are there two send-offs?  I've seen pictures with bubbles and the couple leaving the church.  I've also seen sparklers at the end of the reception... So do you have to do something for both sendoffs?
  • edited December 2011
    mmm...not sure... I was planning to do a receiving line at the end of the ceremony for a few min. b/c we have like 2 hours or something like that before the reception starts But, I wanted something cool at the end of the reception to send us off and out and am mad I didn't think about the sparklers before she did, lol
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, but my uncle has a vintage Rolls Royce that we plan to use as our limo (well...hopefully...we haven't technically asked him yet...) so I want to incorprate that somehow
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about a send off. I was just planning on saying "Deuces" and going home. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards