Illinois-Chicago

Cost-effective Florists in Northern Suburbs

Hey Girls,Does anyone have an florist recommendations for the northern suburbs of Chicago.  We're getting married at Cuneo.  I checked out a few florists in Chicago and their prices seem outrageous! I'm using in season flowers and very little of them b/c we are already in the gardens and I've been quoted around $7500.  That seems ridiculous to me.Any help would be awesome!

Re: Cost-effective Florists in Northern Suburbs

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Joyce Grattoni in Hoffman Estates.  She works out of her home and is an extremely talented florist.  She stayed within our budget and we had a ton of beautiful flowers. Review and contact in vendor reviews.  Email me at dizzyc1018 at yahoo if you want more info or pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the NW suburbs too and I am using Kio Kreations in Naperville.Many people have recommended Kristen and I was very happy with her and the prices (great deal).Danielle
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be using Artistic Floral Design in Schaumburg for my October wedding. Valerie has been very nice thus far and my price estimate was just over $2k. She only does two weddings per weekend and handles the whole event. She is not the type of florist where you pick up your flowers, as she delivers them to the wedding locations, and the appointments at her office are by invitation only. Check her out at http://www.artisticfloraldesign.com/index.shtml. I really liked the fact that she can do silk flowers, autumn leaves, and custom aisle runners as well as floral arrangements and candle gardens. She has been very straight forward and detail orientated. You could call or email her to see if your wedding day is available, then set up an appointment to recieve a price estimate. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.Erin
  • gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using A Perfect Petal in Mt. Prospect.  Rebecca is very willing to work with a budget and has great ideas.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Joyce! We booked with her based on the recommendation from Duckie, here on the knot. I met with her and fell in love with her work. She was exactly what I was looking for from a florist. I wanted rather expensive (at least to me) peonies and hydrangea. Other florists couldn't work them into my bouquet b/c of the cost so I ended up with a lot of quotes for flowers that I didn't even want. I met with Joyce and we designed my bouquet to my exact specifications. The best part is that we came in under budget by over $200!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • rouhasrouhas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I strongly recommend Rolling Meadows florist.  They worked wonders for my TINY budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I also recommend Kristen from www.Kiocreations.comCheck out her work! She will work within your budget. Kristen has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me already in that she vsted my venue because whe has never worked there before. We had a great time, she took lots of good pics and sent them to me. What ever you decide to do good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Try GNG design , Gina is from Grayslake and is very budget friendly!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Victoria at Flowers by Victoria. She is out of Elgin - which is west, but they will travel on the day of for set up. The flowers were gorgeous, but one warning she only meets on mondays and tuesdays at her home for appointments. She is an at home mom who does this as a home business - her prices are reasonable and work is very nice. If you want pics of my wedding flowers I can send some.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards