Getting in Shape
Options

**cokristi**

I just realized that you are in Colorado Springs.  I used to live there on the corner of Dublin and Union.  I loved waking and looking out the sliding glass door to see Pikes Peak.  Things I miss in the Springs:Beau Jos (I don't think they are even there anymore)Pikes PeakThe InclineGarden of the GodsAir Force Academy football gamesBroadmoor section (I would drive over there when I missed home because it had an East coast feel with all of the trees)Hikes (there were so many good ones)Mona Lisa (Manitou - fondue)Real mexican food (Amanda's Fonda and others)Jack QuinnsI'm sure there are others.  What are some of your favorite things about the Springs?

Re: **cokristi**

• Options
    Oh fun! Where are you living now? I love being close to the mountains, I've been jogging in the mornings and it's so nice to have something pretty to look at :) I have not tried Mona Lisa or Amanda's Fonda but I will have to check them out! I really like Manitou, The Loop is my favorite. I also love Pikes Peak and GOG. We go hiking at AFA alot because my FI works there for the athletic dept. Which means I will be attending all the home football games, yay! I love being so close to all the fun mountain towns like Breck and Estes Park. My hair also loves the dry weather lol, it actually stays straight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I live in Baltimore, Maryland now.  Amanda's Fonda is about the most authentic Mexican food that I had when I lived there.  I loved it.  Mona Lisa was fun when we went as a group of 6 because we got three cheese fondues and three chocolate fondues so we could each try more options.  (Probably not too good on the waistline, but a splurge once in a while doesn't hurt much.)I remember it being a lot more challenging to run out there so you are getting great workouts by running!  Have fun at the AFA games.  My favorite were when Navy or Army were in town.  Thanks for letting me reminisce.  :-)
  • Options
    Anytime! I just moved here a few months ago so I love new suggestions of things to do and places to go. I'm also looking forward to the Navy game, AFA is making surprise throwback jerseys, shhhhh :) You are right about the running here, it was so hard to breathe the first few times!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry to butt in on the post but how are you a panther's fan living in colorado? My family is made up of die hard donkeys...I'll be up to watch a dever v. dallas game in october...so exciting!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards