New York-Hudson Valley

when did you....

how long before you wedding did you register?In Sepember we will be 1 year out...thanks ladies :)Happy Friday

Re: when did you....

• edited December 2011
    I started putting things on there about 9 months out I think. I mean you don't have to tell anyone your registered anywhere right now, and start one. When you find things you really need put 'em on there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We registered right after we got engaged bc we had a lot of people asking to get us engagement gifts.  We continued to add things as we got closer to the shower though.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    if you're having any pre-wedding parties (engagement, showers, etc), I'd register prior to any of those invitations going out.  If you aren't having any pre-wedding parties, then I'd register right before you send out your invitations.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. We registered well over a year before our wedding because we were having an engagement party. Although most people gave us money at our party, it was still nice to have the registry done because all we had to do was add to it or take things away, and believe me, we changed our mind about what we wanted a few times!
  • edited December 2011
    We registered about 10 months out.  We had an engagement party and we said no gifts, but people who wanted to give, gave us money or gift cards.  When Christmas rolled around and our families wanted to know what I wanted I said by off the registry cause we need everything (FI and I don't live together yet and both still at home).  It worked out well we got the smaller stuff for Christmas and the larger stuff for the shower. But as PP's said before any pre-wedding parties if having any otherwise before your invites go out.
  • edited December 2011
    We registered about 7 months out...before any of the wedding fesitivites (showers, etc) began...
  • Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would do it now. the registry is also great for birthdays and holidays between now and your wedding. for christmas my aunt bought me some of the christmas china i had picked out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards