New Jersey

If you booked a band...

If you booked a band, did your contract have any stipulations regarding the breaks the band members took?  Or did you just specify, verbally, when you would like the band to take a break?  Unsure how to go about discussing this as we've seen some bands take numerous breaks during a wedding when they could've been playing...TIA

Re: If you booked a band...

• edited December 2011
    This is a good discussion point. A good wedding band will stagger their breaks so there is always live music playing. Our band took two breaks.....one during dinner and they did an awesome jazz bit with the drummer keyboard and trombone and bass........the next break they played some acoustic guitar with singing and people still danced to that.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    I would try to get some specifics in there or find out what they do.  Mine only did breaks during salad, dinner and dessert and for that they put on some nice light jazz.  That is just what we wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    We put 'continuous live music' in our contract. The band members will stagger their breaks so that there is always someone playing I would definitely have whatever you discussed put in your contract. And make sure if they are taking breaks they're doing at down times like when a course is being served. We went to a wedding recently where the band took a break every 45 minutes regardless of what was going on. It was really annoying. The dance floor would be packed and then all of the sudden they'd just stopped playing.
  • edited December 2011
    Our band is staggering breaks so that there is always music playing. I would write it into the contract.
  • edited December 2011
    That was one of my questions for bands but I never even got a chance to ask because the band explained they stagger breaks. During dinner, they still have at least one singer, but they play slower songs.
    Shana & Josh

28/100
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.  Very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards