Not Engaged Yet

Asked him not to propose this month

My boyfriend has said he plans to propose before the end of the yr, and I think he has already bought a ring...but my brother, who has been engaged for almost 3 yrs, just moved out of the house he shared with his fiance...the relationship was just not moving forward (he is in med school and it has had  big impact). Anyway, I don't want to announce an engagement right now, so I asked my boyfriend not to propose in August. It was HARD, bc I have been dreaming of an engagement for a yr now, but I think I did the right thing.

Re: Asked him not to propose this month

• edited December 2011
    Wow that's too bad for your brother.  And yes you know it's going to happen soon so why not wait a little bit.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    sorry to hear about your brother. One more month isn't going to make much difference really just try to keep your patiencehey NQB glad to see you back!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Me friggen too!  :-)
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Wow that is SO BIG of you. You definitely did the right thing and you'll feel that much better about your engagement when it happens! Just keep thinking that..
  • edited December 2011
    That was incredibly kind & selfless of you. Your brother is lucky to have a sister like you. I hope your proposal & engagement is all the more meaningful when it happens!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• rzeffirorzeffiro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't tell you how much your kind replies mean. I admit, I'm a little engagement obsessed :P We won't move in together until the engagement, so I just can't wait! But, I know I want it to happen at the "right time."
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nice job, putting your brither ahead of you. too bad we dont see more girls like you around here!
    Spring Break 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. So selfless of you to put your wishes on hold for your brother... I hope he understands what a great sister he has :)
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    what a great sis :)welcome back nqb!
  • edited December 2011
    1) YAY!!! NQB!!! We missed you! :) 2) Ditto on what others are saying. That's an incredibly selfless and loving thing that you did for your brother. Shows just what kind of person you are. In the meantime, just enjoy the anticipation (I know, easier said than done), and know that you will enjoy your proposal even more knowing that your brother can celebrate it with you wholeheartedly. :)

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• rzeffirorzeffiro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, you are all so supportive! I know this forum gets a lot of flack for being too "critical" but really I have found the opposite to be true. Thank you.BTW, he is a GREAT brother- I have juvenile diabetes, and so when we were kids there was NO sugar allowed in the house (so I wouldn't get jealous- I'm younger by 4 yrs). He never ONCE complained :)
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me miss my little brohas :(I'm sorry your brother is going through a hard time right now, but what a difficult and selfless thing to do.
  • edited December 2011
    This forum can be pretty critical at times, but to be honest, you usually won't get flamed unless you're being ridiculous or irrational. If you post something logical/genuine/not BSC, you'll usually get genuine responses from people here. :)

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards