New Jersey

fake rose petals: tacky or no?

If they are used on the table for an accent to the centerpeices, is it tacky? WDYT?

Re: fake rose petals: tacky or no?

• edited December 2011
    I hope its not tacky I am using them;)
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen them on tables before, and I don't know that I love it-- they tend to look fake.  Or at least the ones I've seen looked very fake.But I also don't love rose petals generally.Real rose petals are cheap though, no?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a big fan of fake rose petals...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think that's tacky at all, especially if it's an accent. I'll be using fake maple leaves for a fall wedding and I hope that doesn't fall into the same boat!
  • edited December 2011
    Personally I don't think they are, I am not a fan of roses, we are doing them in the flower girl baskets and maybe on the cake table. I also have a weird thing real flowers at the same level as food and the possibility of it touching the food freaks me out, but I'm a weirdo lol.
  • edited December 2011
    hm. not sure about price. I guess I just assumed they were cheaper... fiftyflowers.com has 6000 rose petals for $140. How many would I need for 16 tables? My cousin did fake rose petals and I remember my mom hating them. Just wondering - trying to cut costs... as usual.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on the quality and the good quality ones are probably as expensive as real petals.  Ask your florist what they would charge.  Mine just gave me the ones for the aisle and flower girls basket.
  • justagrljustagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of fake rose petals. Most of them look obviously fake and it's just not my style. The fake leaves for a fall theme tho don't seem as bad to me tho, for some reason...
  • edited December 2011
    See and I have a major problem with leaves real or fake, everyones different in the end but opinions are always great
  • edited December 2011
    justagrl i love your wedding cake!! is it called the mad hatter cake?
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, not a fan.  either splurge for the real thing or skip them all together. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tacky!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I thought I replied to this but I don't see it...probably posted in the wrong thread. I would do fake petals or leaves. If you feel like your florist is charging too much for petals go to your local grocery store and by a bouquet of roses and shake them till the petals fall off. That should be enough to scatter around your tables, there's no way you would need 6000 petals.
  • edited December 2011
    tacky.
  • melissa721melissa721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For my parent's surprise anniversary party that my sister and I threw, we used them because we were on a tight budget. I don't know that I would use them for my wedding though. I would probably just go with a different CP or find something else to scatter.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks 

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

TFAS since February 2013--BFP on cycle 1!

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

SA #1 - Slightly abnormal shape, #2 - very low count

Follistim + IUI 3x = BFN, BFN, very late BFP with super low progesterone --> c/p

Moving on to long protocol IVF with ICSI and PGS in August 2014...how in the holy hell did I get here? FU 2IF.

• edited December 2011
    i used them! thought they looked great.  got them from petalgarden.com  (1000 for $17.99)
  • edited December 2011
    My venue supplied the real ones--does your venue do that?  Otherwise, I would have gotten them from my florist--not a fan of fake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards