Florida-South Florida

full names or nick names?

I've been called Tess since the day I was born. It was the American standardnickname to Teresa. My FI is Jospeh, but like me, he's only been really known as Joe.I'm looking into STDs... and I'm think it's more than obvious I put Teresa and Jospeh, right? What really bums me out is FI has no middle name (blast his parents!), so do you think it'd be off balance to say Teresa Maria R**** and Jospeh G****??
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: full names or nick names?

• photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure.  We didn't put middle names because it would have been to long on the STD.  We did use it for the invites though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered my STDs and we did not put either of our middle names. FI goes by Mike most of the time, but he wanted Michael on everything wedding-related.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not put middle names on our STD's, but we did not use nicknames.  My FI is also Joseph and goes by Joe, but I refuse to put Joe on anything. 
  • zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STD's are informal, no need for middle names.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't really thought of this. Like the others said I definitely wouldn't worry about middle names for STDs. I am going to watch this thread too, FI doesn't have a middle name either. So I will have to decide what to put on invitations.
  • rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont have a middle name but my first name alone is 10 letters long, so i dont think it will look wierd. FI has a middle name but it wont fit on the STDs so either i will just put the first letter of his middle name or take it out completely. The formal invite will have his full name on it.then again, he is known by his full name just as much as only his first.
  • JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp. STDs are informal, save the middle names for the invitations.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • glitrgrl25glitrgrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If everyone knows you as Tess and Joe, go with that.  STD's are just that.  Invites can be Teresa and Joseph.
  • edited December 2011
    std's are not terribly formal - you are ok with nick names :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will not include the middle names.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nydia82Nydia82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our invites have our full names on them, but on the STD's we used my first name and his nickname.The STD's are informal...and in the almost 9 years that I've known my fiance, I've never heard anyone call him by his complete first name. So I figured it was almost expected to use "Eddie" instead of "Eduardo" for the STDs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!The middle name question was geared more toward the invites, sorry I didn't specify!I think I'll do just Tess and Joe on the STDs!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you just used your nicknames for the STD's and no last names and then come the invitation you use the whole name, then I dont think the middle name would look off balance. HTH
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards