Wedding Etiquette Forum

And...

2»

Re: And...

• CS, I don't really diet, I just eat a low carb/high protien lifesytle. I'm usually at 30-60 grams of carbs a day. I'm thinking the Coney dogs and chili fries I had for dinner tonight, and the White Castles I had for dinner last night are not fitting into that plan.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • abs99abs99 member
    First Comment
    CS- If it is that time of the month I doubt you have anything to worry about!! I am flying to ATL in a week and a half for my second and final fitting. I have been a workout-aholic for the past month (4 or 5 days of pilates plus per week) and am actually excited about it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy." -Ambrose Bierce
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Seriously just watch your sodium intake for the next however long. Cut out the sodium and that will help greatly.
  • abs99abs99 member
    First Comment
    AMRs- Don't know that area of MI (I used to live in Dearborn and am a sucker for an Arabic bakery there). However, I do know Mission Viejo (I live in LA), very pretty area and good for the healthy lifestyle mindset!
  • CS, those little 2.5" x 2.5" squares are 150 completely empty calories each. Yeah, Dad and I sucked down a sack of them tonight. Abs, I'm over on the East side, by Lakesde Mall.
  • No one for my dorky musical theater quote?  boo.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • abs99abs99 member
    First Comment
    AMRs- ah!! Okay, now I am with you. The bakery is called Shatila and is awesome!! My family friends are sending in boxes of pastry for my AHR in Atlanta because I love it so much! Mom mom is Lebanese so this is key for any celebration.
  • I'm trying to figure out how to get sanders hot fudge shipped to Australia.
  • abs99abs99 member
    First Comment
    Don't they ship? I know you can order online...
  • NO. Don't do it! I have longer to go than you do and have more time to fix the damage. I'll eat badly for both of us and post to you about it ;-)
  • ABs, they do, but shipping anything to OZ is a ridic amount of $$$ and their food import quarantine laws are pretty draconian.
  • How frustrating! Any chance of smuggling it?
  • Interesting factoid: Lakeside Mall used to have an indoor waterslide called the Hydrotube. It was amazing. Even though it was so poorly made it left welts all over my back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just reading the "is it too early" thread and Whit made a comment that confused me. It was along the kines of you can't expect someont to commit to something 6 weeks out. If I receive a wedding invite 6 months out and I RSVP yes, then every other invite for that day gets declined. I have a prior commitment, and that includes little suzies softball game. Am I just that old fashioned, or has society changed so much that you just can't know where you'll be in 6 weeks time?
  • Sasch, MORE interesting factiod. before the waterslide, Lakeside had an indoor ice arena. That's where my sis and I trained for years
  • Well, I also said I have to take off work based on other people's schedules. I'm the low man on the totem pole at both jobs, and I don't get the time off I want. Plus with school starting on monday, I don't always know I'm going to feel like a wedding, especially a friday one.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • All the lakeside fantasticness is before my time! AMRs, I am with you on the making plans and declining other invites bandwagon. I was very upset today because Fi forgot the dinner plans we had with another couple Sunday and scheduled a meeting for the same time. Now his plans can't be moved and I am stuck rescheduling the dinner. I don't like that stuff, it makes me feel like a flake.
  • Whit, I can totally understand the work related issues, but it wasn't the first time I'd seen something like that on the boards (not from you, just in general), so I was starting to wonder if the "raised on 30 second sound bites" lack of attention problem was trickling down to social engagements.
  • Good point aMrs, I think society has gotten that way, at least sometimes.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • How in the world did I not know that??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • well, I am a bazillion years older than you are ;-) it may have been shut down by your time.
  • Are you sure? I'm no spring chicken:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is anyone still here? Either way, I have to agree about the salt intake- when I was in the US, I came back 2 kilos (5 lbs) higher. After being back from a week, I was down to 1 lb higher, which fell off shortly thereafter. I think the majority of that was just water weight from the ridiculous amounts of salt in the food over there.
  • Hey colleen! How are you going?
  • I'm ok.  I'm working and I'm busier than a one legged man in a A$$ kicking contest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards