Wedding Etiquette Forum

TMI: Waxing Question

I used to wax the ole' girl when I lived in Italy, and they used hard wax. It smarted and all, but it was never that bad.Today, I went for the first time in the US. Granted, it's been a while. And I must admit I have sensitive skin. The kind where I wake up and go, "Oh hey there new bruise, I don't know where you came from."And I now have a bruise. On my nether parts. And I'm quite red 12 hours after the wax. Does this happen to anyone else? I mean, I'm afraid to show FI because I think he'll laugh at me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: TMI: Waxing Question

• It happens to me about 20 mins after I get waxed usually. My skin is super sensitive too & it sucks. I tried waxing myself once at home. Ouch & I was seriously embarrased to show my b/fIt will go away :)
  • Twat punch ftw!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Eff, twaat.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Ha! I mean I can't make fun of you because I'm way too chicken to do that, but it's still funny. I'd really like to say your FI won't laugh at you, but I know for a fact my DH would laugh at me, so I'm no help.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yeah, what makes it even worse: FI travels a lot for work. So I was all like, "Hey, I'll have a surprise for you when you get home this weekend." Trying to be sexy and whatnot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    [i]So I was all like, "Hey, I'll have a surprise for you when you get home this weekend." Trying to be sexy and whatnot.[/i]Hahahahaha oh that's a surprise alright. Sorry about the bruise though. It should go away soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The last time I had it done, something catastrophic went wrong and it looked like a war zone. It was bad, and I suffered with it for nearly a week before I stopped cringing. :(
  • I know you're the doc and all but I'm the waxing nut.  I have really sensitive skin and always take these precautions-  exfoliate two days before with St Ives apricot  take two tylenol and two NSAIDs, usually aleve, for the pain and anti inflammatory, sometimes if I am stressed, two percs instead of tylenol  instead of using their cream after, use cortizone cream at the salon  wait a few hours to shower, after use bikini zone, it has lidocaine and burns the first few seconds but it really relieves the pain  Mrs B's fav quote from me- Brazilians for everyone!   
  • So I was all like, "Hey, I'll have a surprise for you when you get home this weekend." Trying to be sexy and whatnot.HAHAH! Sorry, this is an unfortunately funny situation. "Yeah DH, your surprise is that it looks like someone sucker punched me in the cooter. Still want to head to the bedroom?"Hopefully it will be better by time DH gets home. If not, go ahead and have a good laugh over it. My FI would think its hilarious.
  • I too end up quite red... that said, you may have had the wax a little too hot. This happened to me once and I ended up with peeling skin as a result.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards